Correctional healthcare is not just a job. It’s a calling.
By choosing a career with Corizon Health you are choosing the opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a pioneer provider of correctional healthcare.
As the Operations Accountant, you will be responsible for the accounting and financial analysis of assigned contracts/cost centers which includes monthly closing, preparing and analyzing financial statements for actual to budget variances, preparing cost trend analysis, client specific reports and account reconciliations. You will be accountable for understanding and ‘ownership’ of assigned contract(s), ensuring contract summaries are up to date, accurate awareness of termination dates, revenue changes, contract exclusions, and cap structure.
- Complete monthly closing process including revenue, compensation, contract medical, malpractice, medical, pharmacy, IBNRs, and other accounts.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements and reports regarding budget versus actual variance analysis.
- Review and participate in budgeting process.
- Prepare and/or review monthly account reconciliations, ensuring all related expenses and revenues are booked accurately and on time including accruals.
- Provide approvals for accounts payable invoices to ensure correct account codes, cost centers, timely vendor payment.
- Issue invoices to clients including related bill-backs accurately and timely.
- Interpret and provide financial and/or accounting training/orientation to operations site management.
Experience and Requirements
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Experience Level: 3+ years experience in accounting
- Tools and Technology: Advanced Microsoft Excel required, Word, N-Vision, PeopleSoft preferred.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.
Location/Region: Nolensville, TN