OTSEGO NORTHERN CATSKILLS BOCES INVITES YOU TO JOIN OUR TEAM OF DEDICATED EDUCATORS AND PROFESSIONALS!
Position: Director of Career and Technical Education/Alternative Education/Adult Education – Full time, 12- month, Non- Unit, Administrative position.
Location: The Otsego Area Occupational Center in Milford and the Northern Catskills Occupational Center in Grand Gorge.
Qualifications: Appropriate NYS Administrative certification.
Responsibilities: The successful candidate will be responsible for supervising Career and Technical Education, Alternative Education and Adult Education programs. The chosen candidate will be
a dynamic and dedicated Director who will be a visible and innovative leader for the educational programs. He/she will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- To better serve students and component schools, and in conjunction with program leaders, plan and develop new instructional services to enhance the educational opportunities for students in the ONC BOCES region.
- Enhance and maintain current programs and create new programs as needed.
- Provide leadership for curriculum and instructional planning, development and implementation of educational programs.
- Complete required reports and ensure they are received timely.
- Support teachers and students in achieving academic goals.
- Make appropriate recommendations to the District Superintendent for program modifications.
- Communicate the philosophy and goals of instructional programs to the BOCES Board of Education, Superintendents’ Cabinet, component schools and community.
- Supervise the overall development and administration of program budgets and Co-Sers.
- Supervise the overall collection and analysis of student data related to achievement, participation and demographics as a basis for instructional planning.
- Supervise and evaluate the Building Principals.
Starting Date: As soon as possible.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Starting Salary: $90,000 – $108,000 based upon education and experience.
Additional Information: The selected applicant will be subject to a fingerprint support criminal history background check in accordance with SAVE Legislation effective July 1, 2001.
The Board of Cooperative Educational Services of the Sole Supervisory District of Otsego, Delaware, Schoharie and Greene Counties does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, genetic disposition or age in the educational programs or activities which it operates, including, but not limited to, access to facilities in accordance with the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act of 2001, 20 U.S.C. 7905, which requires equal access for the Boy Scouts of America and other designated youth groups to meet at public schools.
Location/Region: Grand Gorge, NY (12434)