Do you LOVE working with animals and people?
Would you like to be an integral part of a growing, enthusiastic team?
We are in search of the right individual to join our team of caring professionals for a Full-Time Licensed Veterinary Nurse
position. At least one year’s experience in the veterinary field, and a positive “can-do” attitude is required. Lansdowne Animal Hospital is a growing small animal veterinary hospital that provides exceptional patient and client care.
As a veterinary nurse, you will use your skills and education to directly contribute to the care and well being of our patients.
We subscribe to the Fear Free Philosophy and follow AAHA vaccination guidelines.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Administer treatments, draw blood, place IV catheters
- Ability to monitor anesthesia competently
- Perform dental prophies, radiographs, assist in surgery
- Learn low-stress handling techniques of our patients
- Accurate documentation of medical records
- Client communication and education
- Veterinary Technician License in good standing in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- At least one year experience in the veterinary field
- Must be able to safely lift 30 pounds
- Must have ability to calculate drug dosages
- Computer skills: Able to use Windows, word processing, email, web search and other basic skills needed to effectively use the practice management software
All of our care-team members possess: compassion, respect for humans and animals, ability to pay attention to detail, follow-through and excellent communication/ teamwork skills. Multi-tasking and accepting constructive criticism is essential. Punctuality is expected.
This job description does not necessarily cover every task or duty that might be assigned.
Pay/Benefits/hours are negotiable based on candidates needs and expertise.
If interested please submit resume with LVT in subject line.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location/Region: Leesburg, VA