Are you a dreamer, innovator, thinker and a do-er who believes in contributing to something that makes difference? Do you take a “customer first” approach and add value through your own agility? If this sounds like you – come join us at PMI!
PMI, dedicated to serving those that are committed to the profession of project management, was founded by 5 volunteers 50 years ago. Their efforts now span the globe and is supported by more than 10,000 volunteers globally. This role is responsible for leading the development and implementation of key volunteer programs and services, including but not limited to volunteer outreach, recruitment, orientation and recognition programs, in addition to change management and communication approaches volunteer governance and the development and delivery of staff resources and training specifically in support of effective engagement, recognition, recruitment, and retention of volunteers. This individual will ensure development activities align with established organization objectives, with a clear focus on assuring a consistent, holistic, and vibrant approach to sustaining volunteer interest, value, and satisfaction.
- Review, update, manage and recommend internal and external policy and processes that support continuous improvement in service and engagement of PMI volunteers.
- Plan, develop, coordinate, and manage successful creation and implementation of volunteer services, such as volunteer-related training sessions (live and online) and volunteer communications within established budget and program guidelines.
- Identify and develop critical services to ensure satisfaction and engagement from volunteer leaders in addition to monitoring the success of them via annual surveys..
- Develop and conduct staff training programs (live and on-line) on relevant volunteer topics to ensure effective service and support for the volunteer leader community
- Develop and conduct volunteer orientation programs (live and on-line) to ensure effective service and support for the volunteer leader community
- Aid in the development, implementation and ongoing monitoring of volunteer roles that support the strategic goals and mission of the institute in addition to supporting the development needs of our volunteers. Contribute to the development of departmental short and long range plans, as well as the program plan and budget in area of responsibility.
- Work with business units throughout the organization to assure linkages and alignment of their business plans and their effective use of volunteers.
- Periodic travel of 10% is possible.