To hire an energetic individual to assist the buying team in developing and growing our rapidly expanding grocery/DSD/convenience business.
· Work with both warehouse and direct store delivery vendors to determine item assortment, delivery method, cost, and retail; as well as gross profit goals by vendor or category.
· Work with space planning team to develop plan-o-gram and item assortment.
· Work with pricing team to develop regular and promotional retails.
· Determine the appropriate order quantities for all orders and complete the purchase order worksheet for the administrative assistant to process.
· Maximizes sales and warehouse turns by identifying pallets to break down, monitoring 9999 items, working 20 or less reports, etc.
· Identify inventory problems and initiate solutions.
· Track product date codes to insure close dated products are shipped to stores with the appropriate amount of time to insure sell through. Publish weekly the Code 30 report and provide monthly a recap of all discarded merchandise.
· Maintain the promo planner weekly by communicating the additions and deletions to the administrative assistant to update.
· Maintain item updates weekly by communicating the additions and deletions pricing.
· Analyze sell thru reports on all force outs and take appropriate action.
· Pre-Event / Supplier meeting analysis of past purchases and results.
· Develop Weekly Playbook item sales plan for store operations.
· Communicate with operations teams to ensure selling plans are executed.
· Receive feedback from operations teams and create action plans to resolve concerns/opportunities.
· Replenishment Orders from direct manufactures, which depending on department may include tobacco products.
· Direct store delivery vendors will require execution/use of the Houchens Contract System.
· Daily/Weekly Reports—as needed.
· Additional projects/duties as assigned. EOE
Bachelor’s Degree or 3 years of experience in grocery/DSD/convenience channel.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to create, analyzes, interpret and report analysis results.
· Strong analytical and statistical skills.
· Able to handle multiple deadlines in a changing environment with a sense of urgency.
· High level of creativity and leadership qualities.
· Exceptional time management, prioritization and organizational skills.
· Excellent communication skills, including the ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
KNOWLEDGE / ADDITIONAL SKILLS / APTITUDE
Possess excellent oral and written communication, organizational, analytical and multi-tasking skills. A self-starter with proven ability to work independently as well as in a team environment. Must demonstrate flexibility, initiative, good judgment, a sense of urgency and a strong attention to detail. Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint). Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and be able to manage constant organizational change.
Houchens Industries was originally founded in Glasgow, Kentucky by Ervin G. Houchens in 1917 as Houchens Foods.
A century later, Houchens Industries operates more than 400 retail grocery, convenience, and neighborhood market stores across 16 states. Complemented by a strong foundation of diverse companies and 18,000 employees corporate-wide, Houchens Industries is listed by Forbes as one of the largest 100% employee-owned companies in the world.