The Barber or Cosmetologist position is a critical part of a Floyd's 99 Barbershop. This position provides grooming services to both men and women such as cutting, trimming, shampooing, styling, coloring, trimming beards, and performing various shaves services.
- Greet clients at the front desk, provides an introduction and escort them to the chair.
- Provide a thorough consultation with the client on desired hair services.
- Provide various barbering services to include: FOR BARBERS
- Apply hot towels on face to open client pores.
- Use razor to shave beard or mustache.
- Shape hair on temple and neck using clippers or razor.
- Shape or shave side burns with clippers or razor.
- Shape and trip beards using scissors.
- Cut, trim and shape hair into desired style.
- Provide Floyd’s 99 shoulder massage in every service.
- Provide various Floyd’s services FOR COSMETOLOGIST: Cuts, color, shampoo, blow-dry, neck shave, and shoulder message.
- Escort client back to front desk, assist with check out procedure, hand out business card and invite the client to return to shop for future services.
- Keep station clean and organized by sweeping and cleaning around station.
- Attend ongoing training classes.
- Educate clients on retail products.
- Clean sterilize scissors, combs, clippers, and other instruments as directed by local state regulations.
- Follow all safety standards when dealing with stylist tools, and in shop ergonomics.
- Must have an active Barber or Cosmetology License in the state performing services.
- Must be reliable and on-time for all scheduled shifts.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Ability to be exposed to various chemicals and fragrances used in performing services.
- Ability to Standing for sustained periods of time.
While Denver startup Floyd's 99 is NOT your grandfather's barbershop, we do have an old-school new-style mentality in bringing great service to what makes us who we are today: our clients. We keep it simple by maintaining service as our number one priority with a fun, supportive and competitive atmosphere that allows for growth and innovative spunk in a not-so-traditional work environment. We value our employees and the diversity they can bring to the team in making Floyd's 99 stand out.
We are a growing business that accepts both walk ins and appointments and offer a number of services from haircuts to color, waxing, and face shaves. If you are a multi-unit leader that thrives on inspiring their employee, please tell us about yourself!
Location/Region: Baltimore, MD