An Architectural Products Business Development Representative is responsible for selling architectural products. The Architectural Business Development Rep will interface with architects, general contractors, designers and developers.
This individual will be responsible for selling primary architectural wall products. The main goals are to strategically generate sales leads and increase product sales for the company. This job involves meeting with clients, traveling to job sites and being a part of the installation process. This person will work as part of a broader team to incorporate architectural walls into the scope of work for existing and new clients. In addition, this person will develop their own client base which in turn could lead to the cross-selling of furniture to these clients. The individual must follow up with clients and serve as a technical consultant as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, design or similar field
- Architectural/construction industries sales experience
- A strong understanding of construction, real estate, and job site conditions
- Strong product and technical knowledge, including applicable building codes, pricing, price estimating, electricity and cabling, etc.
- Comfortable in participating in the construction process and interacting with a General Contractor and Architect
- Must be highly motivated, personable, self-starter who is able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and successfully, many with tight deadlines
- Requires knowledge of financial principles. Ability to calculate figures such as vendor net & sell discounts. Conducts basic financial analysis
- Must have good problem solving and negotiating skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Office Revolution provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics
Office Revolution is where design, function and business come together seamlessly. For over 20 years Office Revolution has provided Chicagoland and beyond with unlimited furniture possibilities, unwavering service and an unrivaled client experience.
Location/Region: Chicago, IL