BE TWICE THE CITIZEN BY SERVING GOD AND COUNTRY AS AN U.S. ARMY CHAPLAIN
You answered God’s call in your current ministry serving your local community. Now discover a new mission by serving our nation as an active duty chaplain? As a U.S. Army Chaplain, you'll be a preacher, a teacher, a counselor, and a Soldier. You'll serve the spiritual needs of our Soldiers, their families, and Department of the Army civilians. Our core competencies are to nurture the living, care for the wounded, and honor the fallen while advising Commanders and providing religious support to the Army family.
- Comprehensive health care coverage and vision & dental coverage
- Up to $400,000 in life insurance at low rates
- Paid continuing education
- Travel opportunities, including humanitarian missions
- Commissary and post exchange shopping privileges
- Flexible, portable retirement savings and investment plan similar to a 401(k)
- Privileges that come with being an officer in the U.S. Army
- Training to become a leader in your field
- • You must obtain an ecclesiastical endorsement from your faith group. This endorsement should certify that you are:
- A clergy person in your denomination or faith group
- Qualified spiritually, morally, intellectually and emotionally to serve as a Chaplain in the Army
- Sensitive to religious pluralism and able to provide for the free exercise of religion by all military personnel, their family members and civilians who work for the Army.
- Educationally, you must: Possess:
- A baccalaureate degree of not less than 120 semester hours
- Possess a theological graduate degree of at least 72 semester hours.
- Be under the age of 42
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident
- Minimum of 2 Years of post-seminary experience (3 years Preferred)
U.S. Army chaplains have served with distinction throughout Army history, and are noted not only for their gallantry as religious leaders and advisors, but also as Soldiers. Army Chaplains live by the sacred vow to guard religious freedom. Chaplains stand ready to minister and care for Soldiers and their Families both at home and abroad.
Location/Region: Tulsa, OK