: US-VT-Manchester Village# of Openings
: HousekeepingPosition Type
: Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status
: Non-ExemptAbout Us
Are you inspired by luxury and tradition? We are. And we're surrounded by it every day. Connect with our history while simultaneously building the future of quintessential resort travel at The Equinox Resort & Spa. We are a team that often celebrates 20+ years of continual employment for our associates. People don't just come to work here, they stay ... and grow.
Our luxury property has a long tradition of providing unique experiences and genuine hospitality to prominent historical figures as well as individuals, families, couples and groups for over 200 years. Our employment opportunities run the gamut from part time and on call positions to long-term roles offering unlimited growth and advancement. Living and working in beautiful southern Vermont is a dream for many that can be achieved at The Equinox Resort & Spa.
We seek staff with a passion for travel, local food and drink and a spa-inspired lifestyle with a demonstrated team-oriented approach to work and life. We offer competitive wages, on-the-job training, benefits and perks and privileges including a FREE shift meal in our caf, flexible scheduling, competitively-priced insurance coverages, paid time off, FREE uniform, FREE parking and so much more.
Join the first luxury resort in HEI Hotels & Resorts' portfolio - The Equinox - A Luxury Collection Golf Resort & Spa. Apply today!Overview
Attend to the cleaning process of hotel linens to ensure guests and associates experience a clean hotel.Responsibilities
- Operate washing and drying equipment, load and unload laundry from machines. Measure and administer cleaning agents to laundry according to product specifications.
- Monitor feeder information on washers, make sure all drums are full, and report any irregularities to immediate supervisor.
- Set the proper drying and cooling times for different types of linen.
- Clean up machines and surrounding areas.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of the use of laundry chemicals and different formulas, as well as effects on various types of linen.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work.
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, push or pull heavy loads, and stand for long periods of time with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Requires lifting bundles of linen weighing up to 75 lbs. Ability to push and/or pull wheeled carts weighing up to 100 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Location/Region: Manchester, VT (05254)