We are looking for a Medical administrative assistant to organize our medical facility’s functions. You will support day-to-day operations by performing administrative tasks and ensuring high-quality customer service for our patients.
As a medical administrative assistant, you will perform various tasks daily. So, you should be able to multitask and prioritize. We also expect you to handle sensitive information confidentially. If you can combine exceptional communication skills with the ability to perform ‘behind the scenes’ tasks, we would like to meet you.
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure our medical facility’s smooth operation by accurately completing administrative tasks in a timely manner.
The administrative assistant will work with EHR and other web-based applications to perform duties and responsibilities. Work hours are Monday to Friday 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM and Friday 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM (schedule is subject to change).
- Organizing office paperwork, make calls to, insurance companies, vendors and patients
- Interview patients for case histories prior to appointments
- Update and maintain patients’ health records
- Assist patients with the initial paperwork
- Schedule and coordinate appointments
- Process insurance claims in compliance with law requirements
- Review and organize provider notes for patient visit per approved protocol.
- Review previous encounter plans of patients scheduled for the next week and verify that results of labs, imaging studies, etc. are in the patients’ chart
- Call in requested prescription refill requests per physician's directions
- Pre-fill forms for the physician to sign
- Document management (Scanning, Faxing, emailing, uploading, etc.)
- Track results of labs, imaging studies, etc.
- Updating charts with clinical alerts, preparing procedure plans as directed by the physician.
- Disburse incoming and send out outgoing mail
- Use medical software to support all transactions
- Manage receivables and payable accounts and maintain financial records
- Answer patients’ queries and ensure quality customer service
- Collaborate with doctors and nurses to help with medical examinations, schedule tests, and order supplies
- Ensure compliance with procedures
- Keep up to date with changes in medical and insurance legislation
- Be ready and willing to function in any and all roles in the office when instructed by the physician in the time of heavy workload.
- Perform other administrative tasks as directed by the physician.
- High School diploma/GED or higher
- Medical Admin Assistant Certification a plus, but not required
- Spanish language skill a plus but not required
- Must have a clean background check and driving record
- Must have proven work experience as a Medical administrative assistant
- Must have hands-on experience with medical software and MS Office
- Must be familiarity with medical and insurance legislation
- Must have experience with scheduling, insurance verification, medical front office.
- Must have excellent customer service, organizational and multitasking skills
- Must be task-oriented and be able to make independent decisions per established protocols
- Must possess strong analytical skills, have high drive and initiative.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, high-stress operation with high standards of excellence.
- Must be able to type at least 50 WPM with greater than 95% accuracy and have excellent computer skills
- Must be able to handle sensitive, stressful and confidential situations and account information.
- Must be willing and have the ability to learn new tasks.
Delta Medical Clinic is a full-service Internal Medicine/Primary Care practice devoted to providing the highest level of care available anywhere. To that end, we utilize state of the art medical and computer equipment in every aspect of the practice. This includes the treatment of chronic diseases such as hypertension and diabetes as well as the provision of well physicals and other aspects of preventive care. Patients’ charts are stored securely in an electronic format, making patients personal medical information more readily accessible and less likely to be misplaced. Blood draws are done right here in the clinic for the greater convenience of our patients.
Location/Region: Burleson, TX