United States of America
01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we're dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
The 777x & Legacy Programs Associate Director leads the industrial health and SI&OP (Sales, Inventory, Operations and Planning) process for New Product and Legacy Programs in the Air Management Systems (AMS) business unit at Collins Aerospace. The Associate Director's primary responsibilities are for a new product program, entering service in 2021, to lead all new product introduction activity, including capacity assessments and alignment, producibility improvements and sourcing alignment. Legacy programs sharing common hardware will be assessed for industrial health, from demand planning through capacity and supply reviews to support production needs and key fleet product improvement service bulletins.
The Associate Director will be successful at leading the cross-functional team to proscribed outcomes, including schedules, technical and budgetary goals. The Associate Director will leverage their exceptional written and verbal communication skills, as regular engagements are scheduled with a strategic customer partner and multiple activities across multiple product lines to ensure on time
delivery, within the design to cost targets.
- Lead cross-functional Integrated Product Team (IPT) to achieve program industrialization objectives
- Ensure all demand is properly loaded throughout the value stream
- Develop strategy for manufacturing activity aligned with the product line's center of excellence
- Assess subtier capability to support production rate, and develop action plans where required
- Collaborate with manufacturing sites, suppliers, and engineering to develop plan to achieve design to cost targets
- Drive rapid closure to issues as they arise, including quality, subtier and operational excellence issues
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution with 12+ years experience or
- Master's Degree with 10+ years experience or
- High School Diploma (or Equivalent) and 16+ years experience
- Must be a US Person (this will include the green card holders)
- Experience with development programs and new product introduction
- 10+ years of experience in Engineering, Operations or Supply Management
- Demonstrated history of achieving business results leading a cross-functional team
- Successful history and experience managing teams, programs and projects through influence
- Experience developing and implementing strategies to achieve cost and delivery performance targets
- Experience with Aerospace manufacturing and supply value stream
- Experience with SI&OP (Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning) process
- Experience with development program new product introduction.
- Professional background and experience in Supply Management, Operations or Engineering.
- Expert level experience with Microsoft Excel and SAP
- Experience leading cross-functional teams in scheduling, technical and budgetary goals
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree from an Accredited Institution
- Master's Degree from an Accredited Institution
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on thislink to read the Policy and Terms
Location/Region: Windsor Locks, CT (06096)