United States of America
HCA41: US092-Westminster, CA 7155 Fenwick Lane , Westminster, CA, 92683 USA
- ID/OD Grinding using appropriate gauges and fixtures to check and assure all work and dimensional specs are met.
- Performs basic maintenance on machines and parts when necessary.
- Sets-up machines by installing and adjusting wheels, attachments, centers, stops, etc.
- Uses commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures involving these machines.
- Reads, interprets, understands and works from complex detailed drawings, blueprints, sketches, and specifications.
- Determines number of cuts required, and method of setup; while utilizing a variety of machinist's hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Makes standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, feeds, and speeds; measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must have a minimum of 2+ years of hands on experience operating and setting-up Grinding machines.
- Must be able to set up and operate CNC OD grinders efficiently.
- Must have good mechanical skills.
- Experience with very close tolerance and high quality work. The ability to execute complex set-ups requiring unique and non-routine methods.
- Ability to read, interpret, understand and work from complex detailed drawings, blueprints, sketches, and specifications
- Experience with tooling arbors, between centers grinding, and cylindrical grinding
- Solid understanding of metal properties and use of precision/non-precision instruments.
- Strong basic math skills.
- Aerospace experience is preferred
- Candidate must possess 3 years of Machinist experience (NOT SIMPLY MACHINE OPERATION)
- Must be comfortable setting-up and troubleshooting mechanical issues with CNC Machines
- Must be comfortable using various measuring equipment such as Micrometers, Calipers, and Dial Bore Gauges
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on thislink to read the Policy and Terms
Location/Region: Westminster, CA (92684)