United States of America
A01: Rockford - Aerospace 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL, 61125 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we're dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn't be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn't shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
This position is for a seasoned professional in Test and Validation, who works independently, measures, analyzes, and calibrates equipment on medium to large platforms/projects/systems. Trains lower level team members. Prepares equipment for complex testing on medium to large platforms, and oversees the preparation of equipment for testing on smaller to medium platforms/projects/systems.
- Ensures that systems perform according to necessary increased complex specifications on medium to large platforms/projects/systems.
- Measures, analyzes and calibrates equipment and processes to ensure quality standards are met on medium to large platforms/projects/systems with increased complexity.
- Confirms operations according to necessary regulations to ensure production quality (medium to large platforms/systems with increased complexity)
- Prepares equipment for complex testing on medium to large platforms/systems and oversees the preparation of equipment for testing on smaller to medium platforms/projects/systems.
- May provide technical leadership and assist in training lower level team members on regulatory specifications for testing/validation.
- Measures, analyzes and calibrates equipment and processes to ensure quality.
- Ensures systems perform according to necessary specifications.
- Confirms operations according to necessary regulations to ensure production quality.
- Establishes validation standards and develops testing protocols.
- Prepares equipment for testing.
- Documents test results and maintains records for later analysis.
- Coordinates with other departments who will be affected by testing.
- Experience with automated test equipment
- Electrical design experience
- Circuit design and analysis experience
- Experience in software design for test stands
- Experience with LabVIEW or Linux
- Aerospace industry experience
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree Electrical Engineering or similar discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- A Background check and a drug screen are required for every external new hire in the U.S.
- A re-hire will be drug screened if it has been 12 months since they were last employed by UTC.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on thislink to read the Policy and Terms
Location/Region: Rockford, IL (61103)