Job ID R626 Full / Part Time:Part time
Under the direction of a licensed physical therapist, performs a variety of physical therapy activities to assist in the treatment of patients. Executes plans of care established by a physical therapist and communicates changes in patient status in a timely manner. Participates in program planning and supervision of student interns. Assists Level I and Level II PTAs and takes on additional responsibilities as the job requires. Adheres to standards of practice and follows policy and procedures to ensure safe and effective patient treatments and functional outcomes. Incumbent is expected to perform other similar duties as assigned. Management has the right to change or add to the job responsibilities at any time.
1) Provides treatment and follows up clients on an inpatient, outpatient basis. Provides age-appropriate care to patients as assigned. Demonstrated knowledge of developmental stages for the following age groups (infant/child, adolescence, adult and older, geriatrics) .
2) Applies treatment plan to patients within established procedures and time frames, as determined by each discipline.
3) Completes necessary documentation to comply with professional standards department procedures for initial consult, progress notes, clinical conference notes, and dictate reports
4) Provides information to patients, families, caregivers, and other health care personnel involved with patient management
5) Completes department operational procedures, including scheduling, billing, equipment usage, time-off requests and caseload coverage assignments.
6) Demonstrates relevant knowledge and application of clinical skills in treatment of patients.
7) Meets productivity expectations as determined by the department standards.
8) Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols
9) Conveys information obtained from continuing education programs to staff by developing and conducting in-service training programs. Achieve specialty certification. Presents/leads/proposes research relation to professional field. Takes lead in community-based programs/affairs.
10) Assists with on-the-job orientation and training for student interns
11) Professional involvement will include acting as a preceptor/instructor, lead or co-lead a committee of a rehab or related professional internal or external organization.
12) Use clinical experience to contribute to protocols, algorithm and standards of practice.
13) Mentors or develops programs with physicians or physician groups.
14) Leads the development maintenance of programs, departmental reports, initiatives and/or actions plans.
Required Work Experience:
1) 5 years experience as PTA
2) Successfully meet career ladder requirements for Level III
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) High-Level PTA skills, Physiological Knowledge, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Motivating Others, Legal Compliance, Quality Focus, Bedside Manner, Clinical Skills, Pain Management, Persistence, Energy Level
Education:Associates of Science: Physical Therapy (Required)Languages:Certifications:Basic Life Support - American Heart Association, Physical Therapy Assistant - VariousWork Experience:Competencies:Responsibilities:Skills:
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Location/Region: Springfield, MA