Veterinary Technician needed for well-established practice started in 1975; AAHA accredited since 1990. Situated between Chicago and Milwaukee, about an hour (50 miles) from each. Suburban area with shopping, dining, and entertainment with forest preserves, lakes and much to do outdoors as well.
We are a paperless general practice targeting small animal including dogs, cats and a few exotics. With dental radiology and therapy laser. Closed on Sundays and holidays; no after hour emergencies.
We are looking for a Certified Veterinarian Technician (CVT) or if not a CVT, must have previous experience.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Having a strong work ethic with a focus on patients and clients
- Bringing an energetic, engaging, positive attitude that brings easy collaboration and teamwork with colleagues
- Having creative, out-of-the-box thinking; being willing to share ideas for process improvement
- Assisting doctors with appointments and procedures
- Taking radiographs
- Monitoring anesthesia
- Placing catheters
- Giving injections
- Treating hospitalized patients
- Educating clients on pet care
- Being a team player with a willingness to help with any job including walking dogs, mopping floors, other duties as assigned
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Rotating Saturdays
- Rotating covering boarders in kennel
- Paid time off for vacation, sick time, or personal days
Location/Region: Alden, IL (60001)