We are accepting applications for the part-time position of Shift Supervisor.
This individual oversees and manages the residents, policies, and facilities during their assigned shift. Serves as a role model to residents; confronts behaviors as appropriate; and adheres to Gemeinschaft Home's mission, vision, and core values.
Hours (24-32 hours/week)
- Day 8am-4pm
- Evening 4pm-12am
- Night 12am-8am
- (Some weekends required)
- Maintain the reception/front office area, answer phone calls, and manage basic clerical tasks.
- Oversee visitors on premises.
- Monitor resident sign-in and sign-out book to ensure residents' whereabouts and status while off premises. Makes phone checks to residents on furlough.
- Perform joint room checks and security grounds checks; conduct alternate visual checks and observations.
- Administer regular urine and breath tests to all residents and report all positive tests to senior staff.
- Record residents' pay checks (and other turned-in money) and provide a written receipt.
- Assist in orientation and move-out procedures for all residents.
- Transportation (with company vehicle) for residents when appropriate.
- Work on various activities specific to shift, as assigned by senior staff.
- Complete paperwork for incoming shift supervisors and communicate residents' activities as appropriate.
At this time, we are hiring applicants who have the/a:
- Ability to work nights and weekends on a rotating schedule
- High school diploma (or GED)
- Valid driver's license/good driving record
Note: MUST PASS A BACKGROUND CHECK
(Virginia Department of Corrections policy)
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks
- Possess confidence and capacity to influence/persuade well
- Good organizational skills
- Good oral/written communication skills
About this company
Gemeinschaft Home provides cutting edge therapeutic services to nonviolent offenders who have been released or diverted from incarceration in support of a transition to healthy community living. We are an innovative non-profit organization serving the community through our residential and non-residential programs. Located just outside the Harrisonburg city limits, in a large, renovated farmhouse, Gemeinschaft Home is nestled in the countryside and mountain vistas of the Shenandoah Valley. The tranquil environment gives individuals an opportunity to restore a sense of wholeness in their lives, and we support them by providing quality shelter, food, counseling, job coaching, and a model for daily living and responsible decisions.
Gemeinschaft is a German word meaning “community,” one that is based on direct and personal interactions. Our name highlights the mission and goals of our organization and how we enact them daily. We are a community that is dedicated to maintaining an environment of mutual respect, shared responsibility, and mentorship. ?Based on the Therapeutic Community (TC) model, our philosophy is rooted in values such as mutual self-help, peers as role models, and work as therapy. ?Our primary focus is on life recovery, a holistic approach that helps individuals to gain tools for productive living. We seek to disrupt the destructive cycles of addiction, incarceration, and criminal behavior by providing interventions for individuals in crisis (e.g., recovery from substance abuse or transition from prison to society) as a means to reduce the likelihood of anti-social behavior and criminality.
Interventions at Gemeinschaft come in two primary forms: Group sessions and individual case management. Our curriculum has been years in the making, and has evolved to consist of subjects covering 10 key areas of life recovery.
Location/Region: Harrisonburg, VA