- Assists with daily activities at individual’s home.
- Performs tasks including but not limited to light housekeeping - making beds, doing laundry, preparing meals, washing dishes, ironing, cleaning, bathing, dressing, etc.
- Purchases and prepares healthy meals and groceries for individual.
- Helps patient up and down stairs, in and out of bed,in and out of shower/bath etc.
- Assist with, supervise oral medication written under doctor prescription.
- Accompanies ambulatory patients outside of home to supermarket, store, appointments - i.e hair care, dentist, MD's office, social events.
- Entertains patient by reading, talking, listening to individual, upon request;watching appropriate educational programs with client as needed upon request.
- Keep client's living/personal space tidy. Maintain safe environment for clients at all times.
- Educated family about status/health of individual being cared for.
- *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Active listening
- Service orientation
- Critical thinking
- Ability to lift at least 100 pounds if required.
Unity Eldercare At Home LLC truly care and respect all clients and caregivers. With over 25 years in the healthcare field, we always put people 'first'. We are committed and are here to 'serve you'.
Location/Region: New Haven, CT