Chase Environmental Group is an environmental field services company with offices in Kentucky, Tennessee and Illinois. The services we perform range in scope from treatment system installation and maintenance, drilling, monitoring well installation, bioremediation injection, radiological decontamination and decommissioning to large-scale site remediation and abatement. This position will require travel.
Equipment operators must be able to work in compliance on various remediation and industrial maintenance projects. They must adhere to and maintain strict compliance with corporate/office policies and procedures, established health and safety protocols, and all applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment, including excavators, skid steers, dozers, loaders.
- Drive and operate all CDL required equipment in a safe and professional manner.
- Perform additional duties as required (i.e. shoveling, tank cleaning)
- Able to effectively and professionally communicate with on-sight customer representative.
- Able to lead and direct subordinate personnel to perform duties in a safe, timely, and efficient manner.
- Able to troubleshoot equipment, and as the need arises perform minor repairs
- Ensure equipment and company property is maintained in proper condition.
- Execution of field work encompassed in remediation and industrial maintenance projects while under direct or indirect supervision.
- Correct completion of all job-specific, employee-related paper work including Timesheets, Daily Work Reports, Driver s Logs and Daily Tailgate Safety Meeting Forms.
- Understand and work within project s detailed scope-of-work to maintain strict compliance with contract documents, project schedules, and corporate policies and procedures.
- Work safely during all phases of performing the job duties required in the field.
- Ability to perform work inside areas of varying dimensions; involving squatting and crawling for possible extended periods.
- Project work may require out of town travel for two weeks or more
- Must be able to understand and comply with company and client safety standards.
- Due to the diversity of both scheduled and non-scheduled projects, physical demands, and environmental conditions vary significantly depending on the project.
- Work outside year round in all types of weather.
- May work in environments that are extreme in nature like environmental conditions such as heat, cold, heights, hazardous chemicals, loud noises, dangerous equipment, long hours etc.
- May be exposed to varying levels of physical activities and physical extremes such as long periods of standing, walking, crouching, use of hands, and heavy lifting of up to 50 pounds or more.
- Must be clean shaven at all times to allow immediate donning and seal of respirator.
- Requires High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent reading, writing and reasoning skills).
- Experience in environmental remediation, manual labor, general construction and/or industrial cleaning is preferred.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Must be able to comprehend and understand the English language to a level that all safety instructions and emergency situations are complied with.
- OSHA 40-HR HAZWOPER & Confined Space Entry certifications are desired but not required.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment background and substance screening process including, but not limited to, employment verifications, criminal search and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) search as well continued verifications throughout employment to ensure that all records meet company policy standards.
Chase Environmental Group provides environmental field services to a variety of clients. Services include underground storage tank removals, monitoring well installations, site investigations, remedial system installations, bioremediation and dual phase extraction services and radiological decontamination and decommissioning services.
Location/Region: Louisville, KY