Position at MediaCom
You'll direct the day-to-day account activities of the group and play a key role in the translation of marketing and advertising objectives into overall media strategies; you'll also direct development of media plans consistent with the approved strategy. You will be responsible for developing the skills and knowledge of assigned Associate(s) and/or Senior Associate(s).
Plan Development and Maintenance
- Partner with Director on all aspects of communication plan development and recommendations
- Demonstrate full understanding of Client's businesses as basis for all future work
- Ensure integration & coordination between various communications programs
- Determine and supervise the best possible implementation of all approved communication plans and projects
- Direct marketing and media analyses to support recommendations
- Seek, investigate, and actively pursue innovative communications opportunities
- Provide Client with strategic points-of-view
- Prepare and present communication plans, as needed, including objectives, strategy, rationale, and all backup materials
- Develop innovative ways to present the team's work
- Supervise and monitor implementation of all media buys where applicable
- Assist the Director in the negotiation of long-term media contracts
- Oversee long term partnerships with media companies
- Act as primary planning / buying integration contact for outside agency partners
- Oversee all added value programs / opportunities to ensure smooth execution
- Keep abreast of current events, media trends and any target market industry trends that impact business
Team Management and Leadership
- Lead Senior Associate in setting brand strategies and developing appropriate media plans
- Delegate work effectively to teach direct reports, as well as deliver seamless work to client
- Supervise, guide and counsel Senior Associate(s) and/or Associate(s) on all day-to-day activities
- Train planning staff in media and marketing disciplines as well as the specifics of the Client's business and industry
- Encourage and support staff attendance in various media training programs
- Manage group dynamics between Senior Associate(s) and/or Associate(s)
- Accurately, objectively, and constructively evaluate performance of Senior Associate(s) and/or Associate(s) via talent development process
- Check for accuracy, timeliness, and quality of all media group outputs
- Demonstrate a desire to create improvement and better outcomes through innovation / approaching things in new ways
- Think of new solutions to your work / client challenges
- Create and contribute to an environment where 'Innovation as usual' thrives in everyday work
- Provide insightful updates to media and agency partners on the status of all account projects
- Initiate appropriate cross-functional client meetings
- Assume ultimate media financial accountability with Client Accounting and agency partners
- Attend and participate in Client / Agency meetings as the day-to-day product group representative from the media department
- Act with high integrity when managing solid relationships across agency and media partners in order to ensure brand understanding, more effectively sell ideas, and contribute to positive Agency evaluations
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with a concentration in advertising, marketing, business administration, and communications
- Experience in a media planning role
- Strong leadership
- Strategic thinker
- Team player
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with 3 rd party syndicated research resources such as ComScore and Nielsen
- Ability to multi-task, work successfully with teams, and work under pressure
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to analyze, evaluate, and effectively communicate various media research data
- Demonstrate professional, proper techniques and etiquette when dealing with individuals internally and externally through all means of communication at all times
ABOUT MEDIACOM :
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world's leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that's the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We're part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It's our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we'll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That's why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
Take a virtual tour of the office : http://bit.ly/mediacom-VR-tour
GroupM and all of its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.
Location/Region: New York, NY