Primary responsibility is to ensure effective communications with both external policy makers and internal industry stakeholders. Develops programs to communicate the benefits of propane to external audiences. Provides leadership in communicating association’s programs and value to industry members, and assists association’s leadership in message development. Serves as editor-in-chief for the association, ensuring consistency of message and appearance. Oversees manager-level position and all content created by such manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- External Communications
- Develop relationships and strategies to promote the benefits of propane to legislators, policy makers, and other influential audiences.
- Develop partnerships with affiliated organizations and coalitions to leverage communication strategies.
- Work with federal legislative and regulatory team to effectively position the industry on key issues, including providing assistance with Propane Days, the Congressional Propane Caucus and PropanePAC and developing media toolkits on major issues in support.
- Work with state affairs team to provide crisis communications support to state/regional associations.
- Manage association’s branding efforts.
- Industry Communications
- Serve as editor-in-chief for association’s publications, including weekly NPGA Reports e-newsletter, 90 Day Critical postcards, NPGA Director’s Reports, NPGA’s annual report, and other industry communications.
- Manage contracts for printing and communications consultants.
- Serve as content curator and develop strategy for association’s website and social media.
- Assist in membership recruitment and retention efforts including the development of collateral materials.
- Working with the meetings department, assist with designing, editing, and dissemination of promotional and educational materials for the NPGA Expo and other meetings.
- Serve as liaison with Propane Education & Research Council’s communications team, including participating in advisory committee activities.
- Assist in development of content and educational programs for state/regional associations to promote NPGA initiatives and legislative/policy activities.
- Draft press releases.
- Work with membership department to draft an annual value statement to members.
- Coordinate production of annual membership directory and committee directory.
- Develop non-dues revenue opportunities, including new advertising and sponsorships.
- Develop new communications tools for the industry.
- Provide guidance to state affairs team on strategic communication efforts to support State Engagement Initiative programs.
- Assist NPGA leadership in developing speeches and other communication as needed for visits to state/regional associations or other industry events.
- Staffing NPGA booth at occasional trade association conventions for related industries.
- Perform other duties as directed by the President and CEO.