Primary responsibility is to ensure effective communications with both external policy makers and internal industry stakeholders. Supports Communications Director and staff while also serving as a project manager and strategist.
Duties & Responsibilities
- External Communications
- Develop op-eds and other materials to promote the benefits of propane to media, legislators, policy makers, and other influential audiences.
- Work with federal legislative and regulatory team to effectively position the industry on key issues, including providing assistance with Propane Days, Congressional Propane Caucus, and PropanePAC and developing media toolkits on major issues in support.
- Work with state affairs team to provide crisis communications support to state/regional associations.
- Industry Communications
- Produce content and oversee design for association’s publications, including weekly NPGA Reports e-newsletter, quarterly 90 Day Critical postcards, NPGA Director’s Reports, NPGA’s annual report, and other industry communications.
- Serve as key content generator and strategist for association’s website.
- Serve as lead on all social media generation.
- Assist in membership recruitment and retention efforts including the development of collateral materials.
- Working with the meetings department, assist with designing, editing, and dissemination of promotional and educational materials for the NPGA Expo and other meetings.
- Assist in development of content and educational programs for state/regional associations to promote NPGA initiatives and legislative/policy activities.
- Staffing NPGA booth at occasional trade association conventions for related industries.
- Perform other duties as directed by the President and CEO.