Job Title: Senior Staff Accountant
Reports to: Accounting Manager, Office of Finance
We are seeking an experienced, detail-oriented senior staff accountant to join our dynamic finance team. In this important position, you will be a part of an award winning, collaborative and professional organization.
Job Summary: Senior Staff Accountant primary responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, following procedures to transfer transactions from association management system (Personify) to financial system (Great Plains), and calculating royalty expense accruals and author statements. Responsible for the integrity of accounting information by verifying, recording and entering transactions on a timely basis to ensure accurate financial reporting.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for performing monthly revenue recognition process in association management software (Personify).
- Responsible for performing the monthly process for transferring Personify data into financial system (Great Plains).
- Responsible for performing monthly process for transferring Personify refunds into Great Plains.
- Downloads and sorts monthly bank transactions.
- Reconciles all credit card cash clearing accounts on a monthly basis.
- Reviews and collaborates monthly with non-Office of Finance staff to assure proper classification of revenue and expenses.
- Responsible for stale dated check process.
- Updates and maintains general ledger accounts in Personify and Great Plains, including adding, deleting, editing and inactivating accounts.
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliations for secondary accounts.
- Prepares monthly journal entries for banking fees and interest, inventory products, prepaid office supplies and other miscellaneous transactions.
- Calculates monthly royalty expense accruals and prepares author statements and invoices.
- Processes payments on large distributor accounts in Personify.
- Serves as back up for bank lockbox processing.
- Assists in preparing schedules and reports for the annual financial audit.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Minimum of three years’ accounting experience.
- Previous experience with non-profit organizations preferred.
- Intermediate technical accounting skills.
- In-depth understanding of General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Analytical thinking.
- Decision making.
- Excellent communication.
- Personal credibility.
- Problem solving.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Superior customer service skills.