Mail Handler:Duties and Responsibilities
- The Mail Handler is responsible for sorting mail of all classes received from delivery vehicles and conveyers for processing at other units.
- The Mail Handler delivers mail designated for other distribution areas (may require operation of forklift).
- The Mail Handler Unloads mail items from sacks and pouches and then loads them into appropriate containers for processing.
- The Mail Handler manages cancelling machines, cancels stamps on designated items, and delivers mail from machines to assigned distribution area.
- The Mail Handler is responsible for operating other Mail Handler equipment and machinery as needed.
- The Mail Handler provides support as needed in supply room and slip room.
- The Mail Handler must maintain clean, neat, and professional appearance which includes wearing the approved uniform.
Responsible for loading, unloading, and moving mail by the bulk.Employment Requirements
Must be 18 years old or 16 years old with high school diploma
Must be US citizen, permanent resident, or citizen of American Samoa or other US territory
Ability to pass criminal background check, drug screening, and medical assessment
Must be registered with Selective Service (if applicable)Salary Range
Up to $18.64 per hour paid bi-weeklyExamination Requirements
Candidates must successfully complete and receive a pass rating of the Virtual Entry Assessment - MH (475) for Mail Handlers. When the candidate is invited to take the assessment, directions will be provided via email.Background Check
The Postal Inspection Service conducts a criminal background check by utilizing United States information and data resources only (FBI, fingerprint check, state and county checks). The investigation covers a 5 years inquiry for any location where the candidate lived, was employed, or went to school within the US or its territories.Physical Requirements
Candidates are required to be physically able to perform the duties of the position in an efficient manner with or without reasonable accommodation. Duties may include long periods of standing, walking, pushing, and reaching. Candidates may also handle mail containers weighing up to 70 pounds.
Location/Region: Pawtucket, RI (02860)