$23.75 to $27.50 hourly
A dynamic and rapidly growing local firm is looking for a Staff Accountant. The Staff Accountant is responsible for preparing journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance, and general ledger reconciliation. You will have responsibility for many aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close. In addition, you will support the development and implementation of accounting policies. In addition, you will take part in compliance, review schedules for the reporting processes, and interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits. This position is very involved as it will produce Cash Flow projections, Budgets, and Financial Statements.
Your responsibilities in this role
- Be responsible for analysis of income statements and balance sheets and communicate findings to management
- Ad-hoc reporting and special projects, as needed
- Partake in annual closing processes
- Prepare complex journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll
- Carry out month end close, journal entries, without supervision
- Carry out fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation
- Commentate on a wide variety of financial data and communicate it in a useful and understandable manner
- Manage capital lease and monthly payment schedules
- Help with the implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Participate in various initiatives spanning multiple departments
Call Accountemps today at 561-366-8105 or
Email your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
- Recent and relevant accounting experience
- Solid understanding of Excel Formulas
- Proficient in ERP systems
- Comfortable working in a changing and dynamic environment
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Exemplary analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Competent with spreadsheets and databases
- Spreadsheet and database capabilities
- Mature organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter, ability to identify issues and resolve problems
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills – helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.490.3195 or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
Location/Region: Palm Beach Gardens, FL