Seegrid is the leading provider of connected self-driving vehicles for materials handling with hundreds of thousands of miles driven. The Seegrid Smart Platform combines flexible and reliable infrastructure-free vision guided vehicles with fleet management and enterprise intelligence data for a complete connected solution. Seegrid accelerates Industry 4.0 and lean initiatives with incremental automation, helping companies achieve a truly connected enterprise and transform into smart factories of the future.
Seegrid is seeking interns for the software engineering team to work in the areas of user interface development and prototyping. Interns will work closely with the User Experience team to conceive, design, implement, and evaluate new approaches to challenging interaction problems arising when robots and humans interact in complex environments. Interns will be assigned a mentor, who (along with their project team) will help guide their work. This position provides the opportunity to meaningfully contribute to a complex user interface, work closely with experienced individuals in all aspects of user experience design, and gain experience in an interesting and exciting domain. This is a paid position.
Please apply to only one internship position. If you are interested in more than one, apply to your most preferred, and mention the others in your cover letter. Applicants applying to multiple internship positions will not be considered.
- Rapidly prototype and evaluate user interface designs
- Understand and utilize the results of user research
- Participate in design sprints
- Implement and iterate on chosen designs
- Work closely with a mentor and team of peers
- Create high quality code to be used in our robots and other products
- Document work completed, and present complex technical topics to a diverse audience
REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Enrolled in a Master's, or PhD program in Computer Science, Information Systems, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related discipline
- Experience developing user interfaces with Python
- Experience developing on Linux
- Proficient at writing maintainable and readable code
- Must be a self-starter with a can-do attitude, comfortable and demonstrating flexibility in working in a fast-paced, innovative environment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Seegrid is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.