The Associate Director will play a critical role in the success of the Commercial Analytics function and as such will be a highly visible partner of Karyopharms commercial leadership team. She/he will work with various departments in the organization by proactively engaging in the market potential and assessment of Karyopharms marketed and pipeline agents.Â She/he will lead the development and refinement of best in class forecasting and analytics capabilities by providing short, medium, and long-term outlooks for the products, diseases, markets of interest to Karyopharm.
The individual will also participate in insight generation, including co-developing content with other commercial team members; such as market research, competitive intelligence, marketing, business development and market access to drive effective, informed decision making.
- Lead development and implementation of Oncology market and patient based forecast models & tracking; proactively identify new data sources/methodologies that will enhance decision making & increase forecast accuracy.
- Effectively explain modeling assumptions to key stakeholders including senior leadership and triangulate assumptions with other data and forecasting model to pressure test them and develop what if scenarios.
- Implement best-in-class forecast modeling approaches; work with supplier partners, foster strong partnerships in the context of resources, timing and overall goals.
- Integrate forecasting efforts & insights with primary research, competitive intelligence, & analytics insights co-developed with peers across the organization and translate into business impact.
- In partnership with the commercial leadership team; lead the identification and development of key performance metrics to measure and monitor brand strategy and field execution.
- Provide context and forecasting leadership to cross-functional partners (e.g., Finance, Supply Chain) to ensure the potential impact of commercial strategies are well understood and planned
- Lead identification, maintenance, and generation of data references/databases for continuously improving oncology epidemiology, across markets and diseases, partner with the HEOR team as appropriate
- Showcase consulting skills, including consultative listening, problem definition, hypothesis generation, data analysis, translation to value, and oral and written presentation for strong business impact and value-add
- Bachelors degree required, MBA or other advanced degree, preferred
- 7 + years forecasting, consulting, finance or business analytics experience within pharmaceuticals required. Oncology knowledge strongly preferred
- Expertise with statistical software, databases and MS Office programs
- Strong working knowledge of patient-based forecast modeling including dynamic patient and volume based models
- Experience with quantitative techniques including smoothing, regression, simulations, NPV Overall superior analytical skills
- Experience with data analysis and data visualization tools
- Experience with EMR, Claims data, Sales Data, Rx Data
- Demonstrated strong understanding of industry secondary data and syndicated sources
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, ability to collaborate cross functionally with all stakeholders in a small and entrepreneurial team
- Expert knowledge of Powerpoint, Excel and other software tools
- Stats programming preferred, not required
- High ethical standards, including demonstrated adherence to all corporate, Compliance, and Regulatory guidelines and procedures
- Must live a commutable distance to US Corporate Headquarters in Newton, MA or be willing to relocate
- Less than 10% of domestic travel may be required to attend important meetings. Travel may be outside of normal working hours and over weekends
Karyopharm Therapeutics is a global commercial-stage pharmaceutical company focused on the discoveryÂ and development of novel first-in-class drugs directed against nuclear transport targets forÂ the treatment of cancer and other major diseases.
Karyopharm Therapeutics Inc. (the "Company") is an equal opportunity employer.Â All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion/creed, national origin, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, military, reservist or veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state or local law.Â Consistent with its obligations under applicable law, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.Â If you require an accommodation in the application process, please contact a member of the Companys Human Resources department.
Location/Region: Newton, MA