The Senior Director, Design & Construction establishes corporate standards and best practices for consistency in development across the enterprise. This Director will both manage projects as a Regional Project manager and oversee RPM on specific assignments. This position is intended to support all physical plant construction, renovation, restoration, and major repair programs at any facility associated with UHS operations. This position is a specialist in building systems and construction methods specifically in a health care environment. This position develops concepts and plans for facility growth or change in service as well as capital upkeep and replacement. The key role of this position is an advisor to each individual facility managing director to assist in growth planning as it relates to buildings and facility campus.
Essential Job Duties
- Primary liaison between Acute/BH RVPs ,CEOs and D&C. Engaged in upfront scope and budget /schedule development/ team selection with Project Managers, C-Suite and RVP's. Issue monthly report to Sr. VP, CFO, all RVP's & CEO's, in addition to selected corporate entities
- Ultimately responsible for projects being delivered on budget and schedule. Ensure that risks are being properly managed either contractually or via insurance products and UHS is getting good business terms. Responsible for legal and contractual issues related to project delivery. Ensure we have an ethical and transparent working relationship with our vendors
- Direct reports are Director, Asst. Director, Sr. RPMs and RPMs. Provide mentoring and direct guidance to newer and less experienced staff. Develop programs tailored to each PM's professional development
- Continually seeking methods to improve on past performances through innovation and challenging assumptions
- Knowledge of the different departments in a hospital BH or Acute and the unique requirements for each
- Involved in HR functions such as recruitment and promotions
Bachelor's degree with 10 + years experience required.
- Strong leadership skills; specific design process/leadership experience, specific construction implementation experience, some development experience, code and permit knowledge, negotiating skills, strong interpersonal skills to lead vendors, solid business decision making skills.
- 25% - 50% Travel
This opportunity provides a rewarding career, challenging and rewarding work environment as well as growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries, including competitive compensation, excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan, and 401k with company match.
One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital management companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (NYSE: UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue exceeding $10.7 billion. In 2019, UHS was again recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; in 2018, ranked #268 on the Fortune 500; and in 2017, listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago, enabling us to provide compassionate care to our patients and their loved ones: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 87,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates 350 inpatient acute care hospitals and behavioral health facilities and 30 outpatient and other facilities located in 37 states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom. For additional information on the Company, visit our web site: http://www.uhsinc.com.
UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to "UHS or UHS facilities" on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms "we," "us," "our" or "the company" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.
Location/Region: King Of Prussia, PA