We are working with a private healthcare and wellness firm, which offers a variety of services to their clients. This company provides competitive pay and excellent benefits to their staff. We are looking for someone who craves more ownership and visibility. This person will report straight to their hands-on CIO to tag team all IT related initiatives. However, with them being a small organization, the right candidate should like people and be willing and able to provide technical support daily. They are looking to take a contract-to-hire route, in order to make sure there is a good cultural fit and love on both sides, converting the right candidate to a full-time status after 6 months of service.
· Must be able to work independently to troubleshoot, perform root cause analysis, identify and isolate technical issues.
· Must be willing to take ownership of the issue analysis and resolution efforts and commit to "doing what it takes" to resolve technical issues regardless of the effort or time frame required.
· Work on system initiatives and new projects.
· Configure Nagios for monitoring systems and critical applications.
· Work with external vendors/consultants to diagnose complex problems and drive resolution.
· Resolve errors and alarms quickly and provide timely escalation.
· Supporting process improvements.
· Full-time position with on-call duties.
· 5+ years work experience as a Windows Server Administrator.
· Must have experience implementing and managing 50+ server environments (with server-class hardware and peripherals).
· Understanding of and experience with Microsoft operating systems, Active Directory & Domain architecture, NTFS permissions, DNS, OS security, Hyper-V, and systems patching.
· Experience with Exchange architecture, services and support.
· Practical understanding of networking - routing, subnets, UDP, TCP, IP and VLANs.
· Understanding and experience with MS Office suite of products.
· Must have strong communication skills and ability to work individually, within a team, with other groups and with customers.
· Must have ability to communicate complex technical problems concisely and professionally to technical and non-technical audiences.
· Understanding of or experience supporting web servers including services, application pools and threshold monitoring.
· Understanding of or experience with backup software and recovery strategies.
· Understanding of or experience with NAS and/or SAN technologies.
· Understanding of or experience with virtual environments.
ü Some/Any background in Firewalls
ü Real life experience with HAGIOS /Exchange
ü CCNA Certification (even if it is expired)
Location/Region: Chicago, IL