Preference for Hiring in Employment
It shall be the policy and practice of the Corporate Employers to recruit Corporate Team Members according or the following priorities:
First: Qualified candidates who are enrolled members of the Pueblo of Pojoaque.
Second: Qualified candidates who are not enrolled members of the Pueblo of Pojoaque, but who are spouses, significant others, or children of enrolled members of the Pueblo of Pojoaque.
Third: Qualified candidates who are enrolled members of another (Non-Pojoaque) Indian Tribe.
Fourth: Other qualified Candidates
2019-PGI-042: Line Cook
FT/PT Status: Full Time
Department: Barranca Café
Prepare and cook food; while following all food handling & cleaning guidelines.
- Food preparation: May wash, peel, cut, seed, and shred vegetables and fruits to prepare them for use. May clean, cut, trim, and grind meats, poultry, and seafood prior to cooking. Dips food items in crumbs, flour, and batter.
- Cooking: Prepares, seasons, stirs, strains, and cooks soups, sauces, meats, vegetables, desserts, and other foods. Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipes using a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment. Carries pans, kettles, and trays of food to and from buffet, stoves, and refrigerators. Grills, cooks, and fills dishes to be ready for buffet. Utilizes food surplus and leftovers. Observes and tests cooked foods by tasting and smelling them. Checks freshness of foods by ensuring proper temperatures (38 degrees for cold foods, and 155 degrees for hot foods). May bake bread, rolls, cakes, and pastries.
- Safety and cleanliness: Cleans and sanitizes work area, equipment, and utensils. Segregates and removes garbage, and cleans and sanitizes garbage containers. May wash dishes, cooking utensils, and related items as needed
- May be required to work in other areas of Food and Beverage
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES):
REQUIRED EDUCATION OR COMBINATION OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Good knowledge of food preparation, to read and interpret recipes, and kitchen safety techniques
- Good knowledge of safety techniques, rotation of foods, and portion control
- Ability to prepare and season meats, soups, vegetables and desserts
- Knowledge of thermostat controls to regulate temperatures
- Demonstrated commitment to a career in food & beverage
- Basic math, reading, and English language skills
- High school Diploma or GED
- Minimum of (1) year fry line experience
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Kitchen/dining room setting. Shift work required. Required to work weekends, holidays, and overtime.
- Standing/Walking, 100%
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- May need to work outdoors occasionally for special events
- Exposure to heat and smoke from stoves and ovens
- Exposure to some cleaning chemicals
- Required to use and operate equipment and utensils such as broilers, grills, roasters, steam kettles, knives, slicers, industrial commercial mixer, and industrial dishwashing machine
- Must follow and enforce safety precautions and requirements when operating or using equipment, utensils, and chemicals
Location/Region: Santa Fe, NM