We are actively seeking a qualified provider for the below position. Please review the details and we will reach out as soon as a CV is submitted. This is an excellent opportunity to make a lot of money in the NYC area with a highly respected medical group.
- Location: Bedford, Brooklyn
- Compensation: $100/hour
- Hours: 10AM – 7PM; Monday – Friday
- Census: 20/shift
- Population: ages 12 months and older
- Start Date: Truly as soon as possible
- Duration: Ongoing
- Malpractice insurance provided
- Locum tenens
- Potential for perm
We are seeking a Family Nurse Practitioner with 3-5 years of experience to provide medical services in our new Expanded Access service line. Join us in pursuit of high quality patient care to provide a full scope of primary care services including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventive care and health maintenance for adult and pediatric patients. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of three to five years of experience working as a Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in primary care, treating both acute and chronic conditions in primary care, women’s health and pediatrics.
Education & Experience
- Nurse Practitioner: Master of Science degree in Nursing (MSN)
- Graduate of a Nurse Practitioner education program registered by the New York State Education Department
- Certification as a Nurse Practitioner from a New York State approved accrediting body – American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP), or be eligible for board certification.
- 3 years minimum experience, capable of providing care without physician supervision
- Comfort and recent experience treating both adult and pediatric patients
- Recent experience providing basic gynecological care (e.g. women’s exams, Pap smears)
- Must possess current, unrestricted New York State license or be eligible for licensure
- Must possess active Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration or be eligible for registration
- Must possess active Medicare/Medicaid Enrollment or be eligible to enroll
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification required but both strongly preferred
- Ability to suture and splint a plus
- Comfortable with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system and Microsoft Office
- See same-day appointments during extended morning, evening, or weekend hours.
- Obtain and document patient history as appropriate to chief complaint or reason for visit.
- Conduct relevant physical exam and evaluate patient, documenting pertinent positive and negative findings.
- Diagnose and treat disease and manage chronic illness.
- Prescribe medication in accordance with New York State and federal law, with no expectation to prescribe controlled substances.
- Order appropriate laboratory, radiological and special examinations or tests; interpret results.
- Provide preventative health services, including health education and counseling.
- Collaborate with other clinicians and staff members to ensure continuity of care of patients.
- Close patient gaps in care, e.g. HEDIS, hospital follow-up care, patient goal-setting.
- Participate in quality initiatives under the direction of the Express Care Service Line Chair and site Medical Office Medical Director.
For Immediate consideration, please be sure to apply.
Location/Region: BROOKLYN, NY 11205