This position is responsible for Customer Service, Purchasing & Office Management type tasks for the Ayer, MA. Plant.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Places raw material orders from select venders. Confirms pricing, part numbers, quantities and shipping instructions. Resolves any issues and confirms orders back to the General Manager. Works with Plant Manager, Production Manager & Shipping Supervisor to schedule the delivery time for raw materials..
- Verifies temp employee’s time sheets & punches into excel base, tracks vacation & sick time and correct errors as well as reporting to venders.
- Maintains inventory of office supplies and order as needed.
- Develops & maintains numerous reports, enters & maintains traceability for all shipments, processes UPS shipments & sets up and helps to maintain printers & computers..
- Complies with safety standards and expectations at all times.
- Assist other team members as needed.
- Complies with all company policies & procedures including but not limited to attendance & appearance.
Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Ability to use UPS, Microsoft office and various other software applications..
Effective verbal communication skills.
Effective teamwork skills.
Ability to problem solve and escalate issues when needed.
Ability to work with all levels of the organization as well as outside customers.
Ability to work safely and maintain safety expectations.
Work is performed in an office setting. Physical essential functions of the job include but are not limited to: standing or sitting for long periods of time, bending, reaching, and moving around office equipment.
Previous office experience for a manufacturing company required.
1-2 years of previous Purchasing experience preferred.
Above average knowledge of Microsoft office products required.
Location/Region: Ayer, MA