Job ID R132 Full / Part Time:Full time
Under the direction of the Equipment Repair Shop supervisor, perform maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment and devices throughout Baystate Medical Center.Perform general repair and maintenance on equipment, building structures and facilities: perform preventive maintenance according to established schedules. Respond to emergency requests to perform routine repairs and adjustments as required. Proficient at completing assigned tasks on time. Adept at establishing relationships with all parties involved in performance of job duties.
1) Participate in preventive maintenance program for all assigned equipment and vehicles. Assure equipment is maintained in good working order and that PM is performed as scheduled and documentation is up to date.
2) Perform preventive maintenance on assigned equipment as directed or required. Detect faulty operation of equipment and perform necessary adjustments and repairs. Refer unusual cases or problems to supervisor. Prepare and maintain required records of time, materials and supplies. Order materials and supplies as needed.
3) Troubleshoot, maintain and repair the following specialty items: Nurse Call System, Translogic Pneumatic Tube System, Pneumatic Air, Medical Air Compressors, Vacuum Pumps, E-Vac Pumps, Vacuum Regulators, Medical Gases, automatic doors, Hill Rom beds and stretchers and elevators.
4) Work with other trades personnel.
5) Maintain work areas and equipment in safe, neat and orderly condition.
6) Possesses and utilizes mechanical skills and experience to install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair complex medical support equipment. Work from work orders, specifications, drawings, prints and instructions. Install, maintain and repair a variety of medical equipment such as air compressors, vacuum pumps, compressed gas systems, kitchen, laboratory, x-ray, operating room and related devices.
7) Work from work orders, specifications, established policies and instructions. Refer unusual issues to supervisor.
8) Able to assemble various types of equipment related to hospital use.
9) Possesses and utilizes electric/mechanical skills and experience to perform preventive maintenance, diagnose problems, determine the best way to correct them, repair complex medical support equipment in support of patient rooms such as beds, stretchers, nurse call stations, video TV, etc.
10) Must be self-motivated, possess excellent time management skills, capable of working with little or no direction, possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and committed to maintaining a safe work environment.
11) Maintain work areas and equipment in a safe, neat and orderly condition. Advanced knowledge of safety requirements and willingness to learn Interim Life Safety measures and Infection Control procedures.
12) Knowledge of and familiarity with hand tools, power tools and equipment associated with maintenance trades. Ability to follow directions and work independently or work as part of a team and the ability to work well and cooperatively with people from diverse backgrounds.
13) Ability to solve problems, ask questions and think through solutions related to building maintenance and repair.
14) Perform daily monitoring, repair and preventive maintenance activities on critical systems and facility equipment. Report all possible building deficiencies, safety issues and maintenance schedules to the supervisor.
Required Work Experience:
1) 5 years Mechanical building maintenance including working with pumps and compressors and a working knowledge of electronics
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Experience with metal fabrication, welding and air compressor repair is a plus
Skills and Competencies:
1) Basis computer skills and math skills
2) Ability to read, write and speak English
3) Ability to work with minimum supervision
Education:GED or HiSET (Required)Languages:Certifications:Driver License - VariousWork Experience:Competencies:Responsibilities:Skills:
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Location/Region: Springfield, MA