Elementary School Teaching
Open Until Filled
EVSC is committed to its vision and mission to become the highest performing urban school district in the country. Every employee matters and makes a difference for EVSC students. Click here to learn more about our award winning district! SALARY
Salary will be commensurate with the level of education and experience of the recommended candidate.
Bachelor’s: $38,000 - $46,598
Master’s: $38,472 - $64,811 BENEFITS We continually strive to offer a high-quality, comprehensive benefits package to our employees. Insurance:
This position is eligible for medical, dental and vision insurance coverage on the employee, spouse, and eligible dependents. The employee’s insurance will be effective on the first of month following the hire date. The EVSC also offers employees an opportunity for life insurance and long term disability coverage.
Click here for more information on: EVSC’s Market Place Health Insurance Plan Options Retirement:
As a contract teacher, this position will automatically be enrolled in the Teacher Retirement Fund (TRF) through the state of Indiana, which includes a defined benefit (Pension) as well as an Annuity Savings Account (ASA). In addition, this position is eligible to enroll in a 401(a) retirement investment plan, a 403(b) Match Program, and a tax-free post-retirement medical expense account (VEBA). Additional Benefits:
Employees enrolled in an EVSC medical insurance plan are eligible to use our Health & Wellness Centers conveniently located within the community. These are no-cost
health clinics that provide primary care treatment, generic prescription medications (at no cost), physicals, health screenings, and labs. Accumulated sick leave days and personal business days will be provided under this position as well. Additionally, EVSC employees have access to EVSC Wee Care, our employee-only early learning centers. Wee Care provides a quality early learning experience for children as young as six weeks through age five. POSITION OVERVIEW
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to instruct students and facilitate their learning in accordance with corporation policies and state guidelines. Guides students in educational activities designed to promote intellectual, social, and physical growth. Teaches the essential skills that will contribute to students’ development as educated and responsible adults. QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Teaches corporation-approved curriculum while creating a classroom and total school environment that is conducive to learning and is appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct and develops and informs students of reasonable rules concerning classroom procedures and behavior and maintains a safe and orderly classroom environment.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques, instructional media, and performance assessments, which guide the learning process toward academic achievement and curriculum goals.
- Establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and communicates these objectives to the students.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students in a variety of ways on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, corporation policy, and administrative regulations.
- Administers and analyzes standardized testing data and adjusts instructional strategies, as needed, to maximize probability of student success.
- Recognizes the special needs of students with learning disabilities, seeks the assistance of corporation specialists, as needed and/or required, and makes appropriate individualized physical and instructional accommodations within the classroom.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid Indiana teaching certificate in appropriate grade level and area of study required. ADDITIONAL POSTING INFORMATION SPECIFIC TO JOB QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS OPPORTUNITY?
If you have any questions, please e-mail Lindsey Kempf at firstname.lastname@example.org or Linda Burk at email@example.com. You will receive a response within 24-48 hours.
It is the policy of the Evansville Vanderburgh School Corporation not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, veteran status, national origin, age, limited English proficiency, or disability in its programs or employment policies as required by the Indiana Civil Rights Law (I.C. 22-9-1), Title VI (Civil Rights Acts of 1964), the Equal Pay Act of 1973, Title IX (Educational Amendments), and Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973).
Questions concerning compliance with these laws should be directed to the Chief Human Resources Officer, Evansville Vanderburgh School Corporation, 951 Walnut Street, Evansville, IN 47713, phone number 435-8508.
The interview committee will give preference to candidates who, through the interview process, past experience, and references have demonstrated the ability to interact with students, staff, and the community.
The Evansville Vanderburgh School Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans and veterans with service-connected disabilities, are encouraged to apply.
Openings as of 11/1/2019
Location/Region: Evansville, IN