Are you interested in working for a close-knit team responsible for ERP systems? Do you enjoy developing database solutions for large and critical IT projects? If so, this could be the perfect job for you.
The University of Cincinnati is searching for an experienced Oracle DBA responsible for maintaining, supporting, and administering the Oracle database environment for development, testing, production and business continuity. You will also be involved in supporting performance analysis, tuning, security and database creation projects. Under general supervision from the ERP Systems Administration manager in Business Core Systems (BCS), the Database Administrator – ERP is responsible for supporting Oracle database, Exadata, OBIEE, Oracle DataGuard, RAC, GoldenGate, Database Firewall and Audit Vault.
- Works with analysts to understand needs.
- Participates in cross-team projects and works well with technical and non-technical business partners.
- Develops and maintains enterprise data documentation and metadata models.
- Develops and provides database requirements to system administrators.
- Designs, monitors and maintains data replication primary and secondary databases.
- Develops, tests, maintains, and exercises procedures for backup, restoration, and disaster recovery for high availability, high volume mission critical databases.
- Designs, codes, edits, installs and verifies stored procedures and functions for accessing, maintaining, and populating databases.
- Recommends and implements database solutions to support data integrity efforts.
- Designs and implements required security controls are designed around data and databases.
- Monitors utilization for capacity planning.
- Troubleshoots and resolves application (ex., SQL) performance issues.
- Forecasts utilization patterns and recommends modifications or upgrades.
- Proposes and implements enhancements to improve system performance and reliability.
- Conducts application transaction volume and traffic analysis, and interprets the impact on database performance.
- Maintains development, production, and multiple testing environments.
- Oversees the upgrades of databases, adding new structures or elements.
- Provides, evaluates and develops data access tools and techniques.
- Coordinates maintenance downtimes with customers to ensure minimal impact to business.
- Builds scripts automating the daily operations of database management.
- Monitors transactions between application systems and the database for the purpose of identifying and improving inefficiencies.
- Maintains and monitors database security, integrity and access controls.
- Controls privileges and permissions to database users.
- Provides audit trails to detect potential security violations.
- Makes recommendations to improve security.
- Provides on-call production support and ensures high availability.
- Troubleshoots databases accessibility, availability or operability problems.
- Determines the appropriate course of actions for fixing problems, identifies and mitigates risks, and implements solutions.
- Escalates/communicates issues when necessary.
- Assists in establishing and supporting enterprise policies, processes, and standards.
- Ensures standards are adhered to.
- Evaluates future technologies and makes recommendations for software and hardware upgrades and technology solutions.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related degree with two (2) years’ experience; -OR- an Associate’s degree with four (4) years’ experience; or six (6) years of intermediate level related. Possesses a thorough understanding of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures and contributes through experience, collaboration and problem resolution. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Oracle Enterprise Manager 13c and up Experience with Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall, Oracle Unified Directory, Active Data Guard, Oracle GoldenGate An understanding of network management practices Oracle RAC, Oracle ASM, Oracle Database (12c and up), SQL Tuning, Linux, PL/SQL scripting, Oracle Enterprise Manager, database upgrades/patching, system monitoring, understanding of network infrastructure. Configuration management (Ansible) Solid interpersonal skills, with ability to work well with people of all levels of information technology expertise and comfort in varied organizational relationships.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:INS SF:INS Nearest Major Market:
Cincinnati Job Segment:
System Administrator, Database, ERP, Engineer, DBA, Technology, Engineering
About this company
Founded in 1819 as Cincinnati College, it is the oldest institution of higher education in Cincinnati and has an annual enrollment of over 44,000 students, making it the second largest university in Ohio and one of the 50 largest universities in the United States.
Location/Region: Cincinnati, OH