Job ID 86071 Full / Part Time:Full time
Under management direction the Clinical Service Operations Coordinator is responsible for performing a full range of tasks to monitor and ensure excellence and quality in clinical service operations performance. The Clinical Service Operations Coordinator facilitates throughput in the clinical area and the model of care for patient outcomes applying evidence based practices in accordance with unit policies and procedures. This individual is accountable for safety, quality, efficiency and effective personnel performance within the clinical service area. As a member of the leadership team expectations are the facilitation of collaborative communication with team members and interdepartmental resources. Effectively identifies workflow strategies that project accurate case scheduling and staffing needs. Maintains oversight of equipment allocations to facilitate procedures. Creates a work environment which supports collaboration. Serves as an educational resource to the staff; participates in educational in-service programs and orientation of new staff. Responsible for identifying the educational needs of staff based on performance evaluation in the clinical setting. Assists with organizing the annual validation plan for staff competencies in coordination with the clinical educator/Clinical Nurse Specialist. The Clinical Service Operations Coordinator will participate in the annual performance evaluations of staff. Responsible for management of departmental employee relations. Maintains clear understanding of hospital vision, philosophy, objectives, policies and procedures. Incumbent is a role model who demonstrates BHS operating principles and behaviors. Responsibility is centralized within seven major areas: clinical practice, leadership, collaboration, professional development, management of the environment, finance and strategic planning.
1) Manages clinical operations processes for specific patient care models.
2) Facilitates the procedural add on list for areas of clinical operations oversight.
3) Develops and Manages daily staffing assignments in collaboration with the staff scheduling coordinator
4) Participates in the development of process workflow initiatives to optimize patient service and throughout
5) Collaborates with provider offices, surgeons, anesthesiologists and nursing units to ensure appropriate access to care
6) Identifies and manages areas of conflict promptly and effectively in clinical service areas
7) Provides staff performance feedback information for performance appraisal
8) Manages and coordinates the clinical service case schedule
9) Develops daily assignment in accordance with skills / competencies. Identifies gaps and actively works with clinical nurse educator/supervisors for performance improvement
10) Acts as a clinical resource for all staff involved in the care of the patient. Participates in Clinical Practice Committee, OR Management Committee Meeting Attendance (ad hoc), meetings as assigned.
11) Actively participates in quality improvement/performance improvement initiatives
12) Ensures the timely start and turnover of patient rooms
13) Provides staff with direct, honest and constructive feedback.
14) Sees the Big Picture and actively seeks resources or advice from multiple disciplines to solve problems and facilitate action planning
15) Acknowledges the contribution of others providing recognition and engages them to change and grow
16) Participates with the leadership team in developing processes that achieve desired cost an quality outcomes
17) Under the direction of the leadership team applies personnel, unit and organizational policies /procedures
18) Assists in the selection of personnel during the hiring process
19) Assists in implementing fiscal initiatives as identified by leadership team.
20) Direct oversight for operations associates and clinical ancillary personnel.
Required Work Experience:
1) Minimum of 5 yrs
2) experience in applicable clinical service
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Compentencies:
1) None Listed
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Location/Region: Springfield, MA