Mortensons success is not a matter of luck; its a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a \"best place to work\" over 40 times since 2002\u2026
\u2026What are you waiting for?
What will you be doing?
This position is responsible for implementing sourcing and procurement strategies while estimating and managing the supply of materials for construction projects from preconstruction through project close-out.
Design Phase and Estimating:
- Implementation of project pre-proposal plan, identifying procurement and project management strategies.
- Effectively read blueprints to understand scope and accurately estimate project material needs for a given product line.
- Develop pricing strategies and quote individual project scopes alongside Product Manager
- Be familiar with our business model and its competitive advantages and thoroughly utilize and communicate the advantages during the project cycle.
- Obtain and properly scope quotes for services and materials and negotiate purchase orders with suppliers.
- Manage vendors, suppliers & trade partners to meet project budgets and schedules.
- Work with BLU54 Customer Service Representatives to purchase materials and services.
- Work with the Product Manager to create and maintain the project schedule.
- Manage shop drawing and/or product submittal process with suppliers & trade partners, review submittals for accuracy and manage client and design team review/comments.
- Professionally communicate with customers and project design team.
- Maintain relationship with suppliers through day-to-day interactions.
- Coordinate with the financial team for proper customer billing and supplier payments.
- Work with Account Manager and Product Manager to establish regional/local market-specific business delivery models.
- Manage multiple projects in estimating and project management
- Support the product category growth and expansion
- Continuously improve processes to provide timely and accurate information to team members and customers.
How will you succeed?
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Specific experience in steel erection or fabrication, preferably 2-5 years in a support role for a fabricator or erector.
- Active listening skills and effective communication including an openness to diverse input and feedback
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- Knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity, inclusive behaviors, and Affirmative Action plans and their intended use
- Ability to use CAD or modeling software preferred.
- Experience with BIM collaboration preferred.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelors degree in Construction Engineering/Management, Supply Chain, Business Management, Marketing, or other related technical field preferred.
- If no bachelors degree, high school diploma/GED required with 5+ years industry related experience.
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
Location/Region: Minneapolis, MN