Mortensons success is not a matter of luck; its a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson has been voted a \"best place to work\" 40 times regionally over the past decade\u2026
\u2026What are you waiting for?!
Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced Scheduling Manager in our Wind Energy Group with the ability to interact with a variety of staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment, remaining flexible, resourceful, proactive and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. The Scheduling Manager will perform non-routine planning and scheduling assignments that require the selection and application of complex scheduling principles and techniques on highly complex projects. Management, leadership and coordination of team members and processes to implement scheduling strategy on our projects.
- Prepare, monitor, and update schedules
- Assist site management to formulate action plans to correct scheduling problems
- Assist with the initial creation, implementation, and management of standard operating procedures and processes for company-wide scheduling applications.
- Complete roll-out of all training plans
- Contribute to the scheduling procedures manual for use in implementation and day-to-day scheduling guidelines
- Act as an internal \u201cchange agent\u201d to gain company-wide understanding, appreciation, and commitment to scheduling
- Execute change at the legal and contracting level to leverage the capacities of Mortenson scheduling to reduce, avoid, or eliminate claims against Mortenson and our customers.
- Draft and computerize schedule network diagrams, monitor and eliminate potential problems
- Collaborate with Business Development on all internal correspondence and external proposals for new clients, including successful project pursuit strategy with regard to project schedule
- Identify key project risks and mitigation strategies as they relate to schedule development at the project pursuit phase
- Effectively work and build relationships with those of diverse backgrounds and organizational levels
- Thorough knowledge of diversified schedule engineering systems, principles, company software and standard construction practices and project sequencing
- Proven ability to exercise creativity and mature judgment in anticipating and solving unprecedented problems on highly complex projects
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with initiative to seek innovative solutions
- Results-oriented to ensure delivery of appropriate products and services in an accurate, complete, and timely fashion
- Excellent leadership and rapport building skills with direct reports, other team members, and customers
- Capability to influence team members to implement scheduling systems and processes that deliver successful, on time projects
- Strong plan and specification reading, review and interpretation skills
- Basic knowledge of project management, contracting methods, buyout and contracts/contract formats. Experience as a project engineer or project manager is desirable
- Strong knowledge and understanding of project sequencing and installation methods
- Strong capability and demonstrated ability to train others in the use of CPM techniques and software
- Capability to interface with Virtual Design and Construction tools such as 3D computer models and 4D simulation is desirable
- Working knowledge of current state of the art in claims avoidance and claims analysis techniques
- Strong organization and delegation skills as well as the ability to manage the work of others
- Demonstrated ability to make things happen within the organization and taking appropriate action without significant oversight from leadership to reduce company risk
- Ability and drive to deliver exceptional customer experience resulting in superior service rankings from both our external and internal customers
- Basic understanding of estimating processes, including reading and using project estimates to assist with schedule development, cost loading and resource loading of schedules
- A demonstrated ability to read, understand, interpret and implement customer scheduling specifications and contract requirements
- Basic understanding of job cost reports, and labor reports, ability to utilize this information to develop project scheduling strategy
- Ability to quickly understand complex projects at the proposal stage, often without project plans, developing strong project schedule strategies based on anticipated project challenges
- Active listening skills and effective communication including an openness to diverse input and feedback
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent field
- Minimum of six years construction scheduling experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience
- PSP Certification preferred
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
Location/Region: Minneapolis, MN