Responsible for performing routine plant maintenance tasks. Performance of plant maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g. machinery; electrical; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC);plumbing, etc.); Perform general cleaning. Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Lift and stack 50 pounds
- Work at a fast pace for up to 3 hours at a time
- Work in a warm, dusty environment for extended periods.
- Work in a cold, moist environment for extended periods.
- Push and/or Pull heavy objects
- Tolerate the sight of continuous moving objects
- Walk up and down multiple flights of stairs multiple times daily.
- Have no fear of Heights.
- Climb up and down ladders
- Be around chemical for extended periods
Position responsibilities: The Maintenance employee will be responsible for implementing a regular preventive maintenance program as well as solving daily maintenance issues. All equipment will have a routine maintenance schedule. Maintenance will also manage any breakdowns that may occur at the Plant. Other responsibilities could and will at times be assigned by their supervisor.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Be dependable and honest.
- Time management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Strong team player
- Commitment to company values
- Follow all safety rules and procedures.
- Operate or be trained to operate a forklift.
- Be able to work overtime (including weekends) when needed.
- Have no fear of heights.
- Must have computer skills.
- Familiar with Lockout Tagout
Physical demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop. Employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Employee must be able to walk up and down multiple flights of stairs multiple times a daily. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent to the time. Employee will be working dusty environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Hours: 11pm- 8am
THERE’S ALWAYS AN OPPORTUNITY HERE.
There’s a large variety of jobs throughout the complexes of House of Raeford Farms. At House of Raeford, there’s always an opportunity for advancement. We promote people from within. And that’s part of the reason some employees have been with us for 50 years, many for 25+ years; in fact, a number of our locations boast enough long-term employees to form a Quarter Century Club.
WORKING WITH US
Drive up to House of Raeford’s headquarters and you may be surprised at what you see. Just an average-looking, one-story building out in the country. No marble floors. No boardroom paneled in walnut. No one putting on airs. That’s just not who we are. Instead, we’re a group of regular folks operating a family enterprise that, while large and successful, doesn’t entail glitz or glamour. We’d rather focus on our products and the people who work hard to get them to market.
Location/Region: Greenville, SC