Job Purpose: The Medical Receptionist (Patient Concierge) is the first point of contact for patients, and family members in the Comprehensive and Imaging centers.
- Greet patients and families.
- Answer center telephones, distribute faxes, and prepare customer files.
- Schedule patient appointments.
- Receive and correctly record receipts of patient payments.
- Enter, verify and update patient demographic and insurance information.
- Obtain insurance verifications (VOB), pre-authorizations and pre-determinations.
- Process requests for records from outside sources.
- Scan data into document imaging software.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensures that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
- Perform any other functions as required by management.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (including overtime, and weekends), as necessary.
- Ability to type 40 wpm.
- Valid Driver’s license & reliable transportation.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience accessing and updating an EMR system.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- One year of office experience preferred.
Excellent judgment, dependability, conscientious performance. Detail oriented. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Caring and empathetic. High ethical standards. Mechanical ability and manual dexterity for operating complicated equipments.
About this company
Our mission is to partner with communities to fight cancer. We believe the best place to receive care is in your own community surrounded by a caring team of doctors, nurses, staff, family and friends. Our model works. Doctors are empowered to practice medicine in the best interests of their patients and hospitals are able to bring the most advanced comprehensive cancer care to their communities. Together, we fight cancer.
Location/Region: Seattle, WA