This position works Swing Shift. The shifts all rotate every 4 weeks.
Monday - Thursday 3PM-1AM Friday - Sunday 1PM-2AM
This position performs a variety of tasks related to the care and treatment of animal patients in a specialized clinical
service area. 1.
Operates, maintains, repairs, and cleans laboratory/research equipment, laboratory/clinic area, and
maintains supplies. 2.
Performs routine laboratory examinations.
3. Inspects facilities, equ8ipment, and supplies daily, as well as observes health status of animals,
environmental conditions, temperature, and sanitation.
4. Assists clinicians with student examinations, treatment, research, projects, surgery, restraint, sample collection, and in emergency and critical care of patients.
5. Administers medicine, routine vaccinations, and treatment according to prescribed instruction.
6. Observes and records vital data, abnormal signs, body weight, food/water intake of animals, and collects and labels specimens.
7. Conducts library searches, writes procedures and reports, and prepares charts and graphs.
8. Schedules appointments for diagnostic procedures and advises referring veterinarians about the use of specialized equipment.
9. May be responsible for, or assist in, billing clients, inputting charges, and/or similar tasks.
Depending on the combination of education and experience, selected candidates may be hired as a Veterinary Assistant or Technician, and assigned Levels I, II, or III.
Consideration for entry-level Veterinary Assistant requires:
A high school diploma or equivalent Salary range: $20,300 - $41,700 (determined by eligibility for Level I, II, III)
Consideration for entry-level Veterinary Technician requires:
1. Associate's degree or higher in a technical or scientific field related to the area of assignment.
2. Active license with the Alabama State Board of Veterinary Medicine as a Veterinary Technician, have met all requirements to become licensed, or have passed the Veterinary Technician National Exam
(VTNE). Veterinary Technician certification or license must be obtained within 6 months of employment.
Salary range: $25,000 - $52,100 (determined by eligibility for Level I, II or III)
The candidate selected for this position must be able to meet eligibility requirements to work in the United States at the time the appointment is scheduled to begin and continue working legally for the proposed term of employment.
A commitment to an inclusive and diverse campus environment is required.
Location/Region: Auburn University, AL (36849)