A pipeline or evergreen requisition means that the job description does not represent a current opening, but may be used to identify future candidates with skills and experience for frequent, critical-need positions. By applying, you are providing BWXT with consent to contact you for future openings with similar qualifications.
Universal Grinder - BWX Technologies, Inc. - Euclid, Ohio
Set-up and operate ID and OD Universale and surface grinding equipment (conventional and CNC) to generate finish dimensions on a variety of complex production and tooling parts. Assistance may be given by other operators on proper operational procedures. Perform housekeeping and other job related duties as assigned by foreman.
- Set-up and operate universal and surface grinders to perform difficult, close tolerance, semi-finish and finish grinding operations on a wide variety of production hardware, tools, jogs, fixtures, gages, and forming-die parts and other parts may be required.
- Select, install and dress wheels and complete all changes in set-ups with a minimum of blue prints and the use of mathematical calculations. Parts may be irregular shapes necessitating the use of special or improvised work holding devices, indicators, and other measuring devices to obtain correct alignment and concentricity.
- Develop NC programs during set-ups utilizing G & M codes.
- Apply expert knowledge of presicion grinding practices to grind internal, external, straight form and tapered surfaces to extremely close tolerances and high degree of finish.
- Read and interpret complex blueprints to determine locations, sizes and finish.
- Exercise a high degree of attentiveness to devise set-up, dress correct forms and angles into wheels and to complete work details to tool design specifications.
- Use various types of precision measuring devices including comparators and electronic gages to inspect work.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency.
- Two (2) years of set-up and operation of manual and CNC universal grinders.
- Availability to work an off shift if required (second shift: 3:00pm-11:00pm or third shift: 11:00pm- 7:00am)
- Demonstrate CNC control abilities; including editing speeds, feeds, tool offsets and fixture offsets on various CNC grinding equipment.
- Capable of being able to develop NC programs during set-ups utilizing G & M codes.
- Demonstrate above CNC abilities on a test piece.
- Read and interpret complex blueprints and geometric tolerancing.
- Demonstrate the use of various measuring instruments including: dial bore gages, indicator snap gages, verniers, and .0001 micrometers.
- Possess skills necessary to maintain accurate documentation and the ability to follow complicated procedures and document accordingly.
- Possess the knowledge and ability to use multi axis grinding contouring as well as grinding wheel dressing and grit/size selection, to ensure that tight tolerances meet blueprints.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regulary required to stand, use of hands to finger, hande, or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occassionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and talk to hear. The employee is occassionally required to lift and/or move up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status. https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf Nearest Major Market:
Location/Region: Euclid, OH