Are you experienced in treating those with substance use disorders and in recovery?
Behavioral Health Network is looking for an experienced LICSW to work as a Drug Court Clinical Coordinator and Forensic Social Worker within its Adult Court Clinic program.
Drug Court Clinical Coordinators provide clinical screening, psychosocial assessments, and treatment planning for drug court referrals as needed. These efforts are completed by working in conjunction with probation officers and in accordance with Adult Drug Court operational procedures. Additionally, Drug Court Clinical Coordinators educate the Drug Court team on clinical perspectives. Coordinators help build linkages with community based service providers to support the success of Drug Court participants.
Forensic Social Workers perform section 35 evaluations for involuntary commitment for substance abuse treatment, and section 12a evaluations for involuntary crisis assessment and possible psychiatric hospitalization. They also perform aid-in-sentencing evaluations. They provide testimony to the courts and consult with judges, attorneys, probation officers, jail mental health staff, and community treatment providers regarding mental health issues and the disposition of mentally ill defendants.
BHN’s Adult Court Clinic program consists of a multi-disciplinary professional team. They are approachable, collaborative, cohesive, down to earth, knowledgeable, and supportive colleagues. Team members are highly motivated, independent, and demonstrate exceptional organizational and clinical skills. They are well-respected in the courts in which they serve.
Behavioral Health Network is a growing nonprofit community behavioral health agency seeking caring and dedicated individuals who want to use their talents to help others. BHN offers a warm, supportive environment that values professional expertise and creative community building. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits and supervision in a setting committed to increasing your ability to meet your personal career goals.
Drug Court Clinical Coordinators at Behavioral Health Network have the following qualities:
- Master’s degree in Social Work (required).
- Licensure as an LICSW in Massachusetts.
- Knowledge of evidence based and trauma-informed approaches to substance use disorders, co-occurring mental health disorders, and recovery.
- Knowledge of treatment approaches for substance use disorders and ability to support recovery and reduce recidivism in partnership with court personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as within a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated exceptional communication, organization, verbal, and written skills.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please visit our website at www.bhnworks.org and click on “Browse All Jobs” to apply!
Location/Region: Northampton, MA