The Analyst, HR Technology is responsible for managing, understanding and aiding in education, navigation and support of HR Technology. This position partners with Human Resources team and IT/IS partners to analyze work process design and flow, build project plans, improve processes and leverage the return on technological capabilities. The Analyst, HR Technology builds project plans, ensures adherence to project schedules, maintains system orientation and can work effectively with peers to set technology priorities. This position also serves as a technical point-of-contact for assigned functional areas and assists subject matter experts with ensuring data audits, integrity, testing of system changes, report writing/running/scheduling and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities and payroll processing.
Essential Duties & Functions
- Responsible for ongoing Workday system administration including implementation, development, upgrades, testing, data integrity, configurations and processing. Ensures efficiency, effectiveness, quality of system, and processes to meet business needs, in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Assist with processing/supporting payroll, and related duties.
- Run weekly and ad-hoc reports in time & attendance system to analyze pay abnormalities that will affect employee’s paychecks. Follow up with managers/HR as necessary to correct data.
- Acts as a liaison and subject matter expert of Workday with fellow HR team members and Business Users to ensure that systems meet business needs in a timely fashion. Develops user procedures, guidelines and documentation and trains HR Super users on new processes and functionality. Creates job aides as needed. Collaborates with business users to ensure user requirements are met and makes recommendations for improvement as necessary.
- Creates, maintains and analyzes reports through Workday query and Excel. Develops HR dashboards and custom reports to meet HR and other department needs as requested. Creates ad-hoc reports, validates results and ensures accuracy. Recommends improvements as necessary.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and coordination of all salary uploads. This includes all CBA increases and merit cycle processes. Works closely with HR team and Payroll to ensure uploads are processed correctly and in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for running benefits processes and coordinates with HR benefits staff and Payroll as necessary. Responsible for ensuring delivery of benefits interfaces and timely resolution of vendor data and/or process and technical issues. Act as daily contact for all vendors. Reviews all Benefits output reports to validate accuracy and completeness. Oversees technical aspect of Annual Open Enrollment including collection of employee elections and transmission of data to appropriate vendor(s).
- Also works with IT department to troubleshoot any HR Technology issues.
Essential Job Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in CIS/IT, Human Resources, Business or related.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in HR Technology utilizing various suites of Workday required.
- Thorough knowledge of HR Technology systems. Must be proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, strategic thinking, problem solving and conceptual skills along with a thorough working knowledge of HR Technology, management methods, processes, practices and requirements. Must fully understand the technical aspects of database and table set-up and the interrelationships between such in order to maintain and extract useful data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong project management skills, ability to prioritize, and handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality of employee data and business plans.
- Excellent administrative, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills and must be attentive to details.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while managing multiple tasks.
- Must be able to support multiple projects in various HR functions at same time.
- Must be able and willing to work additional hours, including PM hours and weekends as necessary for special projects/assignments.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, personnel information; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- Facilitating presentations and/or meetings on a regular basis.
Newsday Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintain a drug-free and smoke- free workplace.
Location/Region: Melville, NY (11747)