Position available: (Fee for Services) State of Connecticut, Department of Public Health Licensed Clinician
Outpatient Office/In-Home (No On-Call Hours)
Today’s Youth, LLC “Ensuring a Better Tomorrow” by preserving family values in our communities.
Are you looking for a rewarding and flexible career as an Licensed Outpatient In-Home Clinician?
Come work for our Behavioral Health Services at Today’s Youth, LLC!
Today’s Youth, LLC is a community based behavioral health agency for children, adults, and families. Today’s Youth, LLC is in the Greater Hartford, Connecticut extending outpatient office/outpatient in-home clinical counseling services.
Currently Today’s Youth is looking to hire a Fee for Services licensed clinician to provide outpatient in-home services to children and their families. Clients can also be seen in our offices located in Bristol and Hartford.
Clinical duties are as follows:
- Perform outpatient level services in office/in-home individual therapy and family therapy for children and their families.
- Prepare and implement comprehensive evidence-based treatment plans and treatment plan reviews for each case. Provide regular evaluation of client’s progress and maintenance of timely and accurate clinical documentation and chart review.
- Provide coordination of treatment with DCF social workers, system of care coordinators, schools, primary care physicians, pediatricians, psychiatrists, and other behavior health community providers.
- Provide case management for each client in the form of reports, summaries, letters, emails, or telephone calls to DCF, schools, physicians, psychiatrists, and other behavioral health community providers regarding the client’s course of treatment.
- Prepare and implement relevant discharge plans once treatment is completed with appropriate referrals to other behavioral health community agencies or individual providers if needed.
- Attend all supervision and staff meetings at Today’s Youth, and attend DCF held treatment team meetings, school PPT meetings, and case conferences at other behavioral health provider’s offices as necessary.
- Complete written Outpatient Treatment Reviews (OTRs) as well as performs telephonic reviews with Beacon Health Options Connecticut and various private insurance companies to obtain authorization for treatment.
- Prepare comprehensive psychiatric assessments as necessary via clinical interviews, chart and history reviews, including DSM-V (ICD 10) Diagnosis within problem list.
- Determine appropriate level of care for clients if it becomes apparent that they are not appropriate for in-home treatment, with referral to an extended day treatment program, partial hospitalization program, or facilitate the transfer to an inpatient psychiatric unit in the event of a client’s psychiatric emergency.
- Must maintain certifications in CPR and First Aid.
- Must maintain clean driving record and report any moving violations immediately.
- Clinician will maintain Professional Liability Insurance.
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 1 - 3 years
Location/Region: Hartford, CT