Mortensons success is not a matter of luck; its a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a \"best place to work\" over 40 times since 2002\u2026
Be a part of the rapidly expanding renewables market and help Mortenson teams and clients lead the industry in helping deliver clean power across the country. Mortensons rapidly expanding Energy Storage & Solutions team is looking for energized and experienced pre construction talent.
\u2026What are you waiting for?
The Big Picture:
Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced Design Phase Engineer interested in working in battery storage and distributed energy infrastructure to provide support to project leadership during the design (preconstruction) phase as it relates to customer experience, financial performance, schedule, estimating, design and planning that results in a smooth transition to construction operations. Your strong communication skills are critical as you will be interacting with staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment. You will work on multiple tasks at a time, therefore, it is important for you to have great organization skills.
What will you be doing?
- Support the projects design phase and operations teams in achieving scope and budget alignment, schedule alignment, an integrated team and customer experience, construction readiness, and excellent financial performance
- Assist with establishing and managing project budget and scope expectations, budget trending logs, and any associated communications and resources
- Craft and manage project schedules and key achievements, hold team members accountable for reaching set achievements
- Assist in regulatory approval and permitting processes, as well as the preparation of bid packages and contract manuals
- Support bid analysis and subcontractor selection
- Identify technical design and specification concerns, intensify as needed to achieve resolution
How will you succeed?
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience
- Display strong teamwork orientation, initiative, communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills
- Demonstrate detail orientation sufficient to organize and run multiple tasks
- Exhibit a positive professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
- Interpret and communicate Mortenson policies to employees and outside parties effectively
- Possess basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
- Display proficiency in Excel, Word, Primavera P6 and/or ASTA, Procore and pertinent web application skills at an intermediate level
- Be open to change based on diverse input and feedback
- Effectively work with those of diverse backgrounds and organizational levels
- Strong cross-cultural relationship building and influencing at all organizational levels
- Bachelors degree in Construction, Civil, or Architectural Engineering, Construction Management, Estimating, MEP or equivalent field or experience
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
Location/Region: Minneapolis, MN