The Referral Representative I is responsible for reporting laboratory results using established protocols. All functions must be performed with confidence, accuracy and in a timely manner. Handles all internal and external customer contact regarding Referral Testing. Receive, resolve and follow-up with complex customer issues. Act as a liaison between internal and external customers and Referral vendors.
1. All duties of the Referral Assistant.
2. Handle all customer inquiries by telephone, Referral mailbox, and in person regarding reporting of results, service failures, and other quality issues to provide customer satisfaction.
3. Report laboratory results using established protocols.
4. Contact the client to resolve routine or medical/technical matters related to patient testing and result reporting.
5. Use established protocols for reporting client concerns.
6. Perform investigation and provide resolution to complex Referral Testing issues.
7. Research test availability using established protocol for selecting a referral vendor.
8. Assist Client Services, customers, and sales by effectively answering questions and responding to concerns in a timely manner.
9. Communicate all TNP's and lab accidents to clients within 24 hours of notification. Document thoroughly; elevate issues of concern to supervisor.
10. Identify and elevate Reportable Quality incidents to supervisor.
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. Handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work in a fast paced environment.
2. Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills when interacting with internal and external customers. Able to speak English language clearly.
3. Strong independent problem solving skills.
4. Demonstrate willingness to accept additional responsibility with a positive attitude.
5. Demonstrate ability to work independently and with a team.
6. Demonstrate good data entry skills.
7. Able to operate basic office equipment.
8. Adheres to *** core values, safety and compliance policies and procedures.
9. Work in a biohazard environment, practicing good safety habits.
10. Basic understanding of the operations of Client Services and Specimen Processing, thorough understanding of Referral Testing.
11. Keeps work area neat and clean.
12. Ability to sit or stand for long periods.
Incumbent should possess the knowledge, skills and experience usually obtained by:
1. High School or equivalent
2. Data Entry skills 6000 keystrokes per hour required.
3. Minimum 1-2 years clinical laboratory experience.
4. Customer Service and or medical background preferred which includes medical terminology applicable to a clinical laboratory.
5. Basic PC skills - Word, Excel, etc. helpful
Location/Region: Canoga Park, CA