Job ID 85097 Full / Part Time:Part time
Performs a variety of duties involving patient care and treatment, under the supervision of an RN. Acts within the framework of the Patient Care Division’s philosophy, standards of nursing practice, standards of nursing care and definitions of nursing. This description covers the essential functions of the position. Incumbent is expected to adhere to system and department compliance policies, and any applicable laws and regulations. Incumbent is expected to perform other similar and related duties as assigned. Management has the right to change or add to the job responsibilities at any time.
- Provides age-appropriate care to patients. Demonstrates knowledge of developmental stages for all age groups and applies developmental theories and concepts when planning and implementing care for patients.
- Participates in specific patient care procedures under the direction of the RN. Independently communicates patient information and observations including behaviors promptly to the RN. Collaborates with the RN regarding patient progress and/or the identification and resolution of problems. Organizes patient care activities as required by patient or unit activity. Participates in initial substance use and behavioral health screening and subsequent formulation of behavior treatment plans. Independently and/or collaboratively able to screen for mental health and substance issues, and formulate and implement behavior treatment plans. Reviews plan with staff and patient - documents need for implementation in record. Provides a compassionate, safe milieu for behavioral health patients. Engages in milieu management and brief behavioral health intervention, such as empathetic listening, as needed. Documentation is complete, legible and accurate.
- Participates in unit and educational programs. Attends and participates in unit staff meetings on a regular basis. Attends educational programs.
- Although primary responsibility will be the role of Mental health Counselor, at times will be asked to perform other duties related to patient care.
- Reports to the Clinical Manager but daily activities are coordinated by the CNL. Performs a variety of technical tasks and bedside functions. Responsibilities include direct patient care; hygiene, skin care, mobility and monitoring.
- Interacts with patients in a respectful and informative manner. Clearly communicates information related to patient care to the team.
- Assists team members with clinical activities. Provides feedback related to the team process. Assists team members with non-clinical activities.
- Demonstrates and models principals of service excellence in support of the patient experience and SPIRIT program.
- Bachelors of Psychology or related field required
Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Provide relevant experience preferred but will train the right candidate
Skills and Competencies:
1) None Listed
Education:Bachelor of Social Work: Psychology (Required)Languages:Certifications:Basic Life Support - American Heart AssociationWork Experience:Competencies:Responsibilities:Skills:
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Location/Region: Greenfield, MA