At Corizon Health, we share a common bond to deliver extraordinary care and client service. We take pride in achieving excellence and honoring our responsibility to deliver safe, effective and efficient healthcare services that better our communities. Join our team and experience a work culture that encourages professional growth, development and well-being. Find out why, as healthcare experts, we could work anywhere, but we choose to work at Corizon Health and make a difference together.
We have an exceptional opportunity for a PRN Nurse Practitioner to join our healthcare team at Lexington Fayette County Detention Center in Lexington, KY
Corizon Health Nurse Practitioners utilize the medical model to meet a variety of healthcare needs with an ambulatory care as their primary focus. Nurse Practitioners work with a variety of healthcare professionals and security officers in a correctional environment.
Nurse Practitioners also…
- Respond to and initiate care for medical emergencies throughout the facility
- Identify patient health problems and prescribes treatment under direction of a physician
- Implement medical care utilizing therapeutic regimens approved by a physician
- Provide education to patient, healthcare and correctional staff
- Document all healthcare contacts
- Graduate of an accredited college/university nurse practitioner program with current certification /licensure in the state of Kentucky.
- Maintains an active CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
This position may require a background check, security clearance, and/or drug screening.
Location/Region: Lexington, KY, US