St. Vincent Home Health has a Full Time Home Health Aide opportunity in Indianapolis, IN! Current CNA License and Reliable Transportation Required In this role, you will be visiting patients and providing care as needed. You will receive highly competitive pay & mileage reimbursement! Benefits are available!Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, ST/LTD401K & MatchTuition Reimbursement
Responsibilities POSITION SUMMARY:
Primary function is to provide personal health care and related services to the client in their place of residence or in a facility; to assist in providing a safe and clean environment, work cooperatively with patient/family and share observations and problems with the supervisor. Works under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assures continuity of quality patient care delivered according to the Aide Plan of Care with appropriate documentation an utilizing infection control measures that protect bot the staff and the patient (OSHA)
- Provides direct patient care to patient under the direction of the RN/licensed Therapist and according to the Aide Plan of Care to include personal hygiene and according to agency policy to include assistance with medications usually self-administered, as allowed by state and Agency regulations
- Provides necessary skill to appropriately report changes and documents pertinent information and care rendered to patient to ensure continuity of care. Provides skills necessary to assist the patient with proper nutrition and adequate fluid intake
- Provides effective, positive, supportive, and respectful communication to patient/family, team members, physician, and other health care professionals to ensure coordination of services
- Provides necessary skills to assist the patient with safe transfers, exercise, and ambulation per agency policy
- Attends in-services, as required by regulation
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications: Must be a Certified Nursing Assistant with Experience Education/Licensing/Certification:
- High school graduate
- Minimum 1 year experience as C.N.A in hospice or home health setting
- Current Driver’s License
- Current CPR, negative TB screen Hepatitis consent/declination
- Ability to complete Aide Competency Evaluation Skills Checklist and Written Skills Test
- Demonstrates interest in the welfare of the ill and elderly.
Internal ID: 2019-21452
Location/Region: Evansville, IN