Looking for PRN, and not ready to commit to a set schedule? This could be the perfect opportunity for you! St. Vincent Home Health is seeking aPRN Speech Therapist in Madison County! We’re proud to offer outstanding pay, flexible scheduling, a positive working environment, supportive leadership, and room for professional growth!
Responsibilities POSITION SUMMARY:
A registered professional who provides therapeutic techniques for the rehabilitation patients with speech, language, hearing, oral motor, swallowing, and cognitive disorders. Provides coordinated care to patients of all age groups. Plans, implements, and evaluated patient care plans to restore or maintain patient well-being. Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides care utilizing infection control measures that protect both the staff and the patient (OSHA)
- Demonstrates commitment, professional growth, and competency, i.e., attending in-services, as required by regulation; participates in in-service programs
- Accepts clinical assignments that are consistent with education and competence to care for patients
- Monitors assigned cases to ensure compliance with requirements of third party payors
- Provides effective communication to patient/family, team members, physician, and other health care professionals to ensure coordination of services; provides appropriate referrals, as necessary
- Assures continuity of quality patient care delivered according to the plan of care with appropriate documentation
- Supervises and provides clinical directions to the HHA/UP to ensure the quality and continuity of service provides
- Provides those services and/or treatments requiring substantial and specialized speech therapy skill
- Provides education to the client/family regarding the disease process
- Performs initial and ongoing comprehensive assessment (OASIS/Agency) of speech, language, cognitive, and swallowing disorders with appropriate tests and measures and maintains records including goal setting
- Develops/implements/documents/revises the Plan of Care in consultation with the physician and other care team members to ensure quality and continuity of care and evaluate the effectiveness and outcomes of client care plans
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications: Education/Licensing/Certification:
- Master’s Degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited college/
- Current State License in Speech-Language Pathology, Certificate of Clinical Competence from American Speech Language Hearing Association
- Valid Driver’s License
- Current CPR, negative TB screen and Hepatitis consent/declination
Knowledge and Skills:
- Two years’ experience in an acute care or rehabilitation setting, home health preferred
- Therapy skills as defined as generally accepted standards of practice.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Internal ID: 2019-19678
Location/Region: Evansville, IN